Last saturday, we got a chance to watch The Princess Diaries in Disney Channel. I already knew the story, and there really wasn't anything extraordinary about it. But yah, I still got teary-eyed (FACT: Misaki cries easily). Because it was a story of a girl who became what she was meant to be, a nobody who realized how special she is - a Piffle Princess Story.
After watching the movie, I went up to my room and "felt very sad". *turns red* Anou, Mia Thermopolis (the main character of the story) didn't have a hard time realizing her true identity, because she was already naturally beautiful, inside and out. She only needed a make-over and lots of money (which her grandma has) to fund for her "princess" needs. She didn't have zits, extra adipose, or very bad physical attributes. And even if she wasn't very confident at first, confidence can be feigned. If you don't have it, fake it! Ne? Of course, that's a weird way of analyzing the movie, but that was how I felt. It wasn't realistic at all... (It's a movie, Misaki! For goodness' sakes!)
Anou, what about other "princesses" who are not naturally beautiful? Who don't have rich grandmothers to fund their "princess needs"? *sad*
The ending theme of the movie is a song by the Backstreet Boys, WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT. My sister has been playing it after we saw the movie (yes, we actually have a BSB tape, a remnant of our preference for boybands in the past... o_O) I've always liked that song. It reminds me of someone I know who's very very different from the normal girls around her...
Well, I guess everyone wants to be appreciated for who they really are...
No comments:
Post a Comment