Thursday, October 16, 2003

WISH COMING TRUE


Last night, P-chan spent the night over at my house. We had spag! *yummy* Then we talked (girls talk a lot! ^____^) and I showed her my very first DVD, which is a Thai romance drama sent to me by my Thai penpal. I haven't watched it though because we still don't have a DVD player. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that we can get one by December. After that, we went to watch VCDs, which was the main reason why P-chan was there.

You see, I wanted to share to P-chan this Jap/Kor mini-series my auntie bought (I recommended it to her). I saw it ~2 years ago and loved it soooo much then. And last night, my love for that series was renewed. The title by the way is "Friends" and the actor is Korean bishie Won Bin, and the actress is Japanese idol Fukada Kyoko. Won Bin speaks in korean, Fukada Kyoko speaks in jap, the subtitles were in chinese and I was P-chan's official translator. *grins* And this, is the story...

Ji Hoon [Won Bin] is the only son (heir) belonging to a traditional korean family. He wants to become a movie director but he fears that he has to give up his dream to give in to his parents' wishes. Tomoko [Fukada Kyoko] is a department store sales clerk with no direction in life. Through an unexpected encounter during a visit to Hongkong, the two became friends and continued their contact through emails. Even though the two have difficulty communicating with each other, they still found strength and joy through their correspondence. Eventually, as they meet again (in Korea), they became more than friends. But in becoming so, they have much more trials to overcome -- trials which test the strength of their love for each other, and trials that bring out the best in themselves.

It would be too long to elaborate more on their story (just get the VCDs if you wanna see. hehehe One has to see it to "experience" it!). But definitely, P-chan and I were totally overwhelmed last night. Especially during the last part, I felt my voice crack and become softer as I translated the touchy-feely moments of Ji Hoon and Tomoko. In the end, P-chan said that they were meant for each other, and I could only nod my head. Although I'm pretty much doubtful of love stories that developed through the net, but this was definitely a tale of true love which was able to overcome the barriers of language, culture and distance. And most importantly, it brought out the best in two people, and gave them purpose and meaning in their lives.

"The kind of movies I like are love stories...
They may bring tears in the middle,
but they always have happy endings..."
[Tomoko]





*stares at the pix* Won Bin is totally yummy!! LOLz Especially when his eyes crinkle. *nosebleeds* and Fukada Kyoko is totally kawaii!!! ^_____^

No comments: