Last night, Hya suggested that we go to Rob to watch a movie. I was hesitant because it was not part of my measly budget, but the couch-potato-in-me-deprived-of-3-months-of-TV gave in. I wanted to watch Pirates of the Caribbean, but Hya already saw it so we chose another movie. When I saw the poster of M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water, I was delighted! I saw a trailer of it before and ever since was curious about the plot. Hya, on the other hand, started to have second thoughts since I told her it was a scary movie. Hya doesn't watch horror films, so I thought she was going to change her mind and we will just buy ice cream instead. But with firm resolution, Hya bought the movie tickets and we entered the cinema.
SYNOPSIS: Lady in the Water tells the story of Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti), a hopeless building manager, who finds a mysterious lady in the swimming pool late one night. He took her to his house and eventually found out that this woman, whose name was Story (Bryce Dallas Howard), was actually a narf or a sea nymph of an ancient eastern bedtime story. Story had to fulfill a mission, and had to find her way home, but it was a treacherous journey since something vicious is lurking in the dark, preventing her from going back to her world. Mr Heep and the other building tenants work together to protect this fragile lady and help her return home.COMMENTS: One word: Beautiful. It was a very beautiful movie indeed. The plot was a bit of a mystery at the start, but as the story unfolds, you can gradually understand the core of the story. The characters were wonderful, and you can't help but cheer for them as they each do their part to make things "connect". They help Story find her way, but in the process, also helped themselves find their own paths. There's a bit of a suspense, and there's a bit of humor, and a light touch of magic which kept Hya and I glued to the big screen. We liked it so much that we actually watched it TWICE (para mas sulit jud and PhP110! Pastilan, ngano sa Manila double ang price sa sine?!! XD). I had a sort of "fulfilled" emotion at the end of the film. I love these simple (or weird) movies with mysterious plots and meaningful twists. They are the type of movies which my parents would never watch and I'd actually end up watching them alone. Teehee ^o^ I'm now a fan of M. Night Shyamalan. He's good. (He's cute too *rotfl). I plan to obtain all his other movies. I've actually heard very good reviews from friends for The Village and Unbreakable. The Sixth Sense was also nice but I would never collect a horror film. XD
Anyway, I have this weekend off. So what should a tired bum like me do? Here are my options:
1. Take a plane and go home to CDO. (nyahahahahahaha wish ko lang! XD)
2. Be obsessive-compulsive and clean up my dorm closet, then study non-stop. (Ew, nerd XD)
3. Hoard Hya's laptop and finish Goong and get emotional over movies (i.e. Bawl and wail over Crying Out For Love In the Center of the World. I have Furuba too so I can drool over the Sohma boys again. XD)
4. Invade someone's place again (*thinks Ate Cecile, Trina or Suoh-san*)
Obviously I can't do #1, and I've been thinking that I will apppear annoying if I keep "invading" people's houses and lives just so I can watch TV. (*imitates Ukiya Syun* misakichan the invader - GATE OoooooooooPEN!!!! *rotfl) So I might go for both options 2 and 3. Although I really don't want to spend an entire lovely weekend cooped up in the dorm, but I'm also not financially capable of doing otherwise. *sad* I can get ice cream from Rob as a consolation though. But then I just had one earlier. XD XD
Love you chocolate sundae with choco syrup and choco toppings in Belgian waffle cone!!! XD XD
RANDOM PIFFLE REALIZATION:
Even if some important words are at the tip of your tongue, they may be better left unsaid.
RANDOM PIFFLE SONG:
*sings*
Ah- Kimi ni fureru tabi ni
Kimi e to chikazuite
Ah- Kimi wo kanjita mama(this is the line I forgot)
Boku wa mitasarete
Takamatte iku kokoro wo tashikameru you ni
Kimi wo tsuyoku... dakishimeru yo
(YEY! I finally remembered the lyrics!! XD Mekyo! XD)
No comments:
Post a Comment