Saturday, August 12, 2006

AMBU


Last night, Shay2x had an asthma attack. She apparently ate something she was allergic to, and after 2 hours, she could no longer speak and had difficulty breathing. Hya and I took her to the PGH AMBU-ER for nebulization. Good thing we live INSIDE the hospital, oe else we wouldn't know what to do. After three doses of Salbutamol, Shay2x's condition improved significantly. We could no longer auscultate those awful wheezes in her lungs. *sigh of relief* I hope something like that doesn't happen again. XD

Anyway, I haven't updated for a while, gomen ne... XD Well, on to the boring details of my life...

First of all, I'm no longer an OB-GYN intern. I've already finished my 2 months in OB-GYN and we have shifted out to ORTHOPEDICS. It's a different system compared to OB-GYN. For one, we go on 24h duty EVERY 5 DAYS! YEY! I was ER duty last Tuesday, and I was relatively benign. I only had 6 consultations: 3 of which were OFWs who jumped off the buildings in Lebanon who were cleared and discharged, 2 were referrals from the Surgery-Trauma service, and 1 patient whom we sent home after putting his arm on a sling. In the OPD, we only see 4-8 new patients per day (unlike in OB where we see more than 100 patients in OPD!!). In the ward, I only have 4 patients, and three of them were discharged already. ^o^ I don't have any patients for daily clean/dress wounds. I love assisting in operations because we do very unusual procedures like hip arthroplasty and IM nailing, and we drill screws into bones and attach metallic thingamajigs to keep legs intact. I even had the chance to operate the C-arm (it's like a C-shaped X-ray machine). In NMMC, only selected and experienced RadTechs can man the C-arm, so I was totally surprised that the students here operate the C-arm. And we always have Teaching Rounds where we learn a lot of interesting stuffs. Anyway, what's best about this ortho rotation is... *blushes* there are a lot of CUTE male residents. Nyahahahahahaha And they are so uber-nice too! I like THREE of them! LOL But I guess if they look that good then they are probably married. XD Anyway, it's too bad the Ortho rotation is only 2 weeks. After next week, we'll be shifting out already to Psychia. We will have to adjust again, but it still won't be as toxic as OB.

I also finished watching GOONG. I love all the sweet Shin x Chaegyung scenes, especially the part where Shin proves to Chaegyung how much he loves her by removing their caps and kissing her in the midst of a crowded street. And I love the OST! I keep listening to it over and over again. Demo, to be honest, I didn't really like the story. I don't know about the manhwa, but the dorama version was a bit of a drag. I don't understand why two people who are obviously in love with each other and are actually married to each other are unwilling to express their true emotions. Chaegyung obviously loves Shin and even admits this to Yul, but when Shin started showing interest to her, she started acting like a baby. I don't get it since Chaegyung seemed so much like a fighter in the start. There is such an inconsistency in the flow of the story and the development of the characters. *sigh* But I love Shin. I love beautiful men. Although Shin is really not beautiful. And Trina said he wears pink. Although I think that's OK, since my sempai wears pink too. And even Himura Kenshin wears pink! I think men who look good in pink are attractive men.

Well, whatever! XD

No comments: