My face is wet. At 2:30 in the morning. XD
I actually saw parts of this series when it was first aired in CTV more than two years ago. It was based on the Japanese manga, Akuma de Sourou (1999) by Takanashi Mitsuba. Although Rainie Yang’s leading role interested me a bit, but I didn’t like the concept of having a “devil beside me” so I never really followed the series (but of course I thought that he was a literal “devil” and it was a fantasy type of story XD XD XD). A couple of months later, my best friend gave me her copy of said series, but I was already leaving for Manila that time, so the CDs got stashed amongst my other backlog CDs.One year later, after I got home from Manila and got into a brief hype over some Taiwanese dramas (i.e. Smiling Pasta, Tokyo Juliet), I unearthed Devil Beside You from my clutter and started watching it enthusiastically. It was quite interesting and sweet, not at all the demonic fantasy series I initially thought it was (ha-ha-ha-ha XD). Beneath the bad-ass facade and complicated scenarios is actually just a tender and simple story of two pure hearts. And just when I was getting into the good parts, I lost track of the last two CDs, forgot all about it, and henceforth proceeded on with my anime hype. XD
So earlier tonight, I finally decided to finish the series, and the first thing that it brought back to my mind was,
*drools*drools*drools*

I actually have a lot of good memories about this series. I guess it's because I surprised myself by liking it and not getting all disappointed. I was, after all, expecting a fantasy and not shoujo type of series. *roflmao* XD I really like the characters of Ah Mong and Qi Yue, and how their situations progressed yet never really changed the way they feel for each other. I love the unexpected yet stirring development of Yuan Yi and Qing Zi’s romance, as well as the side love story of their teacher and his girl. I also like the supporting characters as well. It was actually a feel-good type of love story/idol drama, despite the devilish bad-boy image that Mike He is trying to pull. I won’t elaborate anymore on my other thoughts regarding this series. But I cannot resist pointing this one thing: I really don’t know what to say regarding those hairpins sticking out from Mike He’s peculiar hairstyle... XD XD XD
Well, I have to sleep now. I still have to go to work. XD XD XD
No comments:
Post a Comment