My friend Hya called me up recently and complained that they don’t have decent pirated DVDs in Butuan City (take note that the words “decent” and “pirated” were actually used together XD). Hya may be a dorama addict but was never an otaku, but lately she has been watching a lot of animes in Animax, and was requesting that I buy her some complete anime series here to satisfy her cravings. She wanted to watch more funny and love stories. I asked her how much was her budget, and she replied nonchalantly, “PhP 1000”. I was taken aback and was speechless for a while, and so she said, “Oh, I guess that’s not enough, so make it PhP 1500”.
..........
PhP 1500 to buy pirated anime DVDs.
*evil laughter* BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-!-!-! *more evil laughter*
So I went to various locations where piracy abounds in this city and surveyed every stall. It was such an exciting adventure to just point at various DVDs that I actually like (hehehe) and buy them without thinking of any financial constraints. I also bought some blank CDs to burn some of my favorite animes which Hya hasn’t watched yet.
J-dorama
1. Hana Kimi
2. Nobuta wo Produce
Anime
1. Ah My Goddess (seasons 1 and 2)
2. Alice Academy
3. Boys Be
4. Canvas 2
5. Full Moon wo Sagashite*
6. Ginban Kaleidoscope*
7. Himawari!
8. Kyou Kara Mao*
9. La Corda D’ Oro
10. Lovely Complex*
11. Ranma ½ + movies*
12. Romeo x Juliet
13. Rurouni Kenshin + OVAs*
14-15. Someday’s Dreamers / Maria-sama ga Miteru
16. xxxHolic + movie
I noted some funny things about some of the DVD covers though.
These were the images at the back of the Rurouni Kenshin DVD cover.
Anou... Can someone please tell me who the blue-haired girl is? XD
Teehee. I had so much fun. Other titles I would’ve wanted to buy for Hya as well were Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Magic Knights Rayearth, Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch and Ultramaniac, but the copies were either defective or incomplete. In the end I could’nt resist, I bought some DVDs for myself too! Why should Hya get all the fun anyway? Hehehe
Romeo x Juliet, Divergence Eve, Popotan / Zero no Tsukaima
I sent the DVDs to Hya already and knowing her, she’s probably overworking her DVD player by now. *grins*
I hope I can go on another anime DVD shopping spree next time! ^________^
CURRENTLY WATCHING:
(anime) Saiunkoku Monogatari (I don’t want to continue watching this yet),
(dorama) Spring Waltz
No comments:
Post a Comment