Saturday, April 05, 2008

JUST FOR LAUGHS - Reminiscence -


UNFORGIVABLE!!!! NO UPDATE FOR MORE THAN A MONTH!!!

I know. Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!

Well, the past month of March was indeed pretty busy for me. So many things happened, and add to that an attack of extreme laziness. O___o But still a month of no update is unforgivable. I know you all missed me. Ehehe.

I’ll make a comeback entry soon (yes, soon!) detailing the events that occurred last month. But for now, I want to share something I’ve unearthed from my stash of collected items from long ago.



This was my test paper in Civics (aka History) when I was still in Grade 4. I was probably still 9 years old that time. Reading my answers for the essay questions never fail to make me laugh. I will type it the exact way I wrote my answers.



--------------------------------------------------------------


(Civics Exam – February 18, 1992)

1. Describe the situation in the Phils. during the Japanese occupation. 3 pts.
ans : The Filipinos were suffering hard. And When you are not captured, you could run for how many miles and hid in the mountains. You can only eat there cassava and papaya. It was very hard. They are so cruel. I don’t like their ideas. They tortured people before they kill them. It is hard to live in the past. Sometimes they send spies so that people could be captured.

2. In your own opinion was the bombing of the 2 cities justifiable? Why? 2 pts.
ans : Yes, it is justifiable because the Japanese were so cruel at that time. They were no longer people of this nation or world. They were already animals that are bad. If the Americans have not saved us, we might have been killed by now. They throw babies and hit them with the sharp thing in their guns. I don’t know what we call them. But it’s good for them to surrender. They were finding a way to destroy their country. They at last, surrendered because if they did not surrender, only one thing will happen to all of them, they’ll all die at the hands of the Americans.




(Civics Exam – February 25, 1992)
(Questions 1 and 2 were enumeration questions.)

3. In your own opinion do we need the U.S. bases? Why? 2 pts.
ans : No, because if they will stay here, we will be joined in a fight and the Philippine will be bombed bec. of the U.S. bases. They might kill several Filipino people working there. They would rather get out of the U.S. bases and looked for another job or she/he will die and if he/she will die, nobody will feed his/her family. They will serve as an invitation to foreign rulers. The prostitution and social sickness increased. Many women who want dollars make themselves as a prostitute and sometimes the sickness of the man will transfer to the woman. Then the baby they will have no father and will not survive bec. it recieved sickness from the American.

4. Today, are we truly an independent country? Why? 2 pts.
ans : No, because American factories are already build here and we prefer American goods and stores. Just like Mcdonald’s. If it was not build then people would go to Jollibee. Anyway, we do not need any rulers. I believed the Filipinos how to take care of themselves. We do not really need them. They just served as our shield or protection. In my opinion, we do not really need them.

--------------------------------------------------------------




Does it kinda remind you of, “ahahaha… I’m sorry… I’m only 17?” XD But in fairness, I received full points for all of my answers. (Ack. What was my teacher thinking back then!?! XD) But I really like Jollibee more than McDonalds even until today. Guess that makes me patriotic? XD

I hope this first post after a month long hiatus can bring smiles on your faces.
Oh, I know you just can’t help but laugh.

No comments: