Monday, April 27, 2009

PSSSSSTTTTTTTTT..... SINO SILA?!



Because of the frequent advertisements on TV, I went to watch Direk Chito Roño's T2 today. XD This was actually quite unusual for me to do because...
  • #1, I'm not usually the type to watch local movies, and
  • #2, I'm also not the type to watch horror movies. XD
But I somehow felt compelled to watch the movie when I heard this one comment on TV...
"Grabe ang effects! It's like, Made in the States!"
(Grabe ha! It's like, excuse me while I gag. *rolls eyes*)




So I went to watch the movie this afternoon, and I admire Ms Maricel Soriano for her versatility in acting. She is one of the very few local actors that I respect simply because she's amazing in whatever part she's portraying. And although I found her character, Ate Claire, a bit pathetic in some way, yet she was able to carry the role wonderfully. I also see a lot of potential in the child actor, Mika dela Cruz. I don't know how old she is, but when I was her age, I couldn't scream in panic the way she did in the movie (even the teacher can't make me do it XD). She was pretty convincing despite her being naturally adorable. I think she'll do good in showbiz.

For me, the choices for the locations were appropriate and commendable. The dilapidated building, the staircase with no exit, and the barge scenes were fitting for the movie. And in fairness, the special effects (in general, but not in all parts) were quite good. I particularly like the creature which crawled on the ceiling. It reminded me a bit of the critter from I AM LEGEND. And when it transformed into a boar, I remembered M.Night Shyamalan's movie, LADY IN THE WATER. I did not scream in fright though cos I hardly do that in theaters. XD The scary parts comprised probably only 30% of the movie, but they were actually somehow freaky, though not enough to make me grip my chair, cover my eyes or lift my feet off the floor. The storyline was quite simple, but that just makes it more concrete.

I had a difficult time accepting Camille Prat's role in the movie. Somehow, I just couldn't see the character in her. John Lloyd Cruz had some special participation, which surprised me. There was something amusing about his character, but he depicted it very well. Other actors in the movie were Eric Fructuso (no longer the gwaping that he was before, but he did well as a bum), Tetchie Agbayani, Derek Ramsay, and I don't know the others. XD

Photobucket


There was a lack on the fear and fright factors, and I think there is more room for improvement. Since most parts of the movie involved their (non-scary) travels and storytelling, it wasn't until the later part that they gave the scary dose. It's not frightening all throughout. I like the way they portrayed the wealth of the otherworldly beings as having "advanced" infrastractures, but I thought they should have added some element of fantasy (i.e. the butterflies that were often mentioned, I never saw them...). I also didn't like the old-fashioned costumes of the "engkantos" (um.. sprites?) cos they looked like they just came out from the coffin with all the heavy, copper-brown make up. I also could not associate these overly dressed, seemingly elite beings with the other creatures featured in the movie. Overall, it was enough to entertain me, but I've seen more movies that have scared me sh*tless in the process.

On a sidenote, I didn't like the "Psst...Psst..." moments though, because I keep remembering my own "Psst...Psst..." moment which I've blogged about before... But let's just forget I said that... HAHAHAHA... XD


**Credit for pictures: Mika Dela Cruz's blog


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Because of the intense summer heat, I think I'm coming down with a fever (and God forbid, tonsilitis...). I already felt a bit sick earlier, and my eyes seemed like they were burning, but I thought it was just because I use the PC too much. When I went out this afternoon to pay some bills, it was so so so HOT. And then I immediately went to Gaisano to watch the movie and the cinema house was quite cold. So now I feel horrible. My tonsils are starting to hurt, and my cervical lymph nodes are tender.

I hope this is just temporary and the feverish sensation will just go away. I still want to do a lot of things and do not want to be bogged down with an illness. And the past few weeks, my parents each went through some sort of illness which prompted them to seek medical consultation and they were prescribed expensive meds.

Myuu... I don't want to buy expensive meds. T___T


No comments: