Wednesday, October 29, 2003

PIFFLE THOUGHTS ON LOVE


Last night was "Xing Yuan" night. >.< While watching it, several thoughts crossed my mind:

1. Unrequited love is a very sad thing.

2. When the one you love and who used to love you has found someone new to love, it is a very sad thing.

3. Someone who cannot move on from the past is a very sad thing.

4. When you cannot be seen and loved for who you are, then that is a very sad thing too.

I was therefore able to conclude that "Love"- when it is not true, when it is not with the right person, at the right time, at the right circumstances, and with the right foundation - is a very sad thing. Maybe, it isn't even "love". This word has been misused and abused so often that when used, it doesn't seem to convey its true essence anymore.

Sometimes, I try to assess myself, to see if I am really 'indifferent' as other people think so. But if I am unfeeling, then why am I easily affected by words that people say? Why do tears flow so easily when I feel sad? Maybe, perhaps, I am not really that numb. Could it be that I suppress my emotions? I've always thought that "opening myself" makes me weak, makes me vulnerable to pain. I never liked that part of me. But by denying such emotions, am I not being true to myself? Am I less of a human if I choose not to feel? I don't like that part of me either.

I hate it when I'm in one of these reflective moods. *sheepish* I think I should stop watching too much TV dramas. >.<

No comments: