Monday, October 27, 2003

PIFFLE THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE


My cousin was married yesterday. My cousin who is pretty and sweet and nice and whose name is almost similar to mine. She married her boyfriend whom they say is also super nice. They had a garden wedding. I can almost picture it, perhaps a lot more simpler but as beautiful as the wedding venue in "My Best Friend's Wedding". I can only picture it, because I couldn't go. Their wedding took place in Manila, and they wouldn't pay for my fare. *sad*

When we received the invitation two weeks ago, I felt something stir within me. Something sad, but something happy as well. Ironic, ne? I ran my fingers through the letters embossed on the envelope. I thought my cousin is blessed to have found someone who has chosen to love her and take care of her forever.

I remember in the last sleepover I had with my friends from high school, we actually got into that kind of discussion. I don't know why. I think as one grows older, he/she realizes the reality and significance of these things. One of my friends asked me if my parents required me to marry someone chinese. I thought for a while, and shrugged. I told her that my parents are pretty liberal, and they never impose their decisions on me. As long as I'm happy then they are fine with that. But I think they would prefer someone of "our race". And my friend nodded in agreement. So did my best friend. They understood, because they have chinese heritage too. And as one of my friends in med school states, "It's for the preservation of your lineage". She also told me we should seek for partners with good genes so that we will produce children who excel in all aspects. Hmm.. very scientific. ^____^

Actually, I do have an idea on what kind of marriage I would want, but somehow it's all blurry. I'm not even sure if I want it. LOL Somehow, there's a freakish side to it. But of course, the good aspects outweigh the freakish aspects. I don't think much about that though, because it is only a hazy picture. Besides, I don't even have a boyfriend. And I don't think that fact will change for a while. You can't get married alone, you know. LOL Piffle priorities first, myself later. *__*

*confused* Ohhh, why did I even write about this!? I just wanted to say, "OMEDETOU ACHI TIN!". >.<

No comments: