I can't help but notice them. Even if I try not to. They sit so close to me, it's virtually impossible to ignore them.
A lot of my classmates find them cheesy. Mushy. They are so uber-sweet that ants can build a Mount Everest of an anthill on them. But I think... it's just simply a normal picture of two people who are deeply in love. IMHO, they are not at all "inappropriate" or "gross". In fact, I find it like a beautiful reflection of what true romantic love could possibly be. Hm.. I don't know desu. //bonks self// How could I possibly know what true romantic love is like!? o.O
Every time they look at each other, their expressions soften. He picks up her things when class is dismissed, and sometimes, even carries her (girl-ish) bag for her. >.< When there are notes to be photocopied, either of them would always request for two copies. They would often give an encouraging pat or squeeze on each other's arm, or give a light tug on the sleeves to call the other's attention. Once I saw her laughing and trying to jokingly distort his face. I think it's sweet. The human touch, I mean. It speaks in volumes, and does not hide the true affection.
Yesterday I asked him why he rented a VCD of the romance genre, since he doesn't seem to be the type to watch those stuffs. His expression softened, and he shyly replied, "It's because she likes it." ^^;; Another classmate commented that he is a "good" guy, and he said that she should tell it in front of his girlfriend, to further impress her. I was a bit surprised, because it was actually my first time to learn that even two people in a secure relationship would still want to continue to impress each other. //sheepish// I related to him what was mentioned during our pep talk session, the one about "falling in love" as the cause of flunking med school. He indignantly defended that the statement is unfair. Hm.. I also thought it was a biased conclusion. I believe that it is not the relationship that should be judged, but the responsibility and motivation of the students involved. And I think in their case they have proven the statement wrong by doing well in our classes and even appearing in the honor roll. Instead of having detrimental effects, I think their relationship has made them even more inspired to do well. (Hm.. perhaps to further impress the other? //rolls eyes//) I hope they'll forever be that way. It would be totally sad to break such a beautiful picture.
Corny? Mushy? Cheesy? Who cares about being corny, mushy and cheesy if you are truly happy and loved and accepted? Who cares about what other people think when someone whom you think is special and important, thinks you're special and important too? I think love, when it is true and sincere and God-given, is beautiful. I think it was made to be that way.
And now I shall eat my lunch. Because obviously, the lack of food has impaired my rationality. LOLz ^___^v
"I want to eat takoyaki too, with a special person.
I want to say, 'I was born to be with you',
and someone special will be waiting for those words."
(Honda Tohru, Furuba)
No comments:
Post a Comment