Sunday, January 25, 2004

DOODLE


When I was stil a kid, I was already fond of doodling. The house we used to live in had scribbles on the walls - of fishes, of fat and deformed people, of letters and numbers, etc etc. LOLz My mother would often tell me not to draw on the walls, but when I got hold of a pencil, I would start to draw again. //laughs//

When I was in fifth grade, I was making drawings of girls in pretty dresses during Civics and Culture class when I got caught by the teacher. Ehek. She was angry and told me that as a punishment, I have to draw 50 girls of exactly the same size and appearance. I was so afraid at that time, and I remember that the only thing on my mind was the need to tell her that I do not know how to draw the same characters over and over again. That each drawing I make was always different. ^^;; Good thing that after class, she told me not to draw anymore, but to remember not to draw again in her class. HiHiHi... anou na, I was a pretty good student in class and it's not often that I get into trouble.

In sixth grade, I remember that I drew cartoony faces and sold them to my classmates. Then eventually my "assistant" took over the business because I was too lazy. LOlz

In high school, I also drew a lot. For projects, for class decors, for poster-making contests, for my classmates. I remember that I would often doodle at the back pages of my notebooks. Also, whenever I chat with my friends over the phone at night, I would instinctively grab a ballpen and the phone directory and start scribbling and doodling. So it was no wonder that our phone directory looks like something that's been vandalized and tortured with weird doodles and texts. Ehek. My mom threw it away. LOLz

Why am I writing about this? Because now I'm often doodling again in class. //sigh// As long as I have a pen and paper in hand, I would tend to scribble and doodle. And so my attention would shift and I don't listen to the lectures anymore. I.MUST.STOP.DOODLING!!!! ^^;;

But anyway, while I was in my classmate's house the other day, we were scanning some pix and I noticed that I had brought one of my notes with a kawaii doodle (well, I think it's kawaii anyway.. LOlz). So I had it scanned too. It was my first time to have my drawing scanned. We called it "Pharma Chick", because I drew it in Pharma class. //sheepish// Anou..


PHARMA CHICK


Anyhoo, I really don't think I'm much of an artist. I can draw a bit, but I think that's about it. I will never become a manga-ka. Because I could never draw what I have in mind. They always end up looking different! LOLz It's perhaps one of my frustrations in life. To be an artist, after all, requires talent and practice. And I am too lazy to draw seriously. So I guess I'm OK with that. Maybe... I can be a....
SINGER!! //thinks// NAAaaaaaaHHHHHH....! NO WAY. Not in a million light years. LOLz ^^

No comments: