Friday, February 13, 2004

SHEN DIAO XIA LU


I've been following "The Legend of Condor Hero" in AXN, and I must say one thing: I REGRET NOT WATCHING THIS SERIES WHEN CTS SHOWED IT BEFORE!! //sheepish// I actually thought that this was produced by chinese so I wasn't interested. Ehek. ^^;; Well now, I still think it is produced by HK because the logo of Jade animation reminds me of the HK series we used to watch when I was still a kid. Anyhoo, I really love the OP and ED songs!! Especially the OP! I really love the guitar intro! ^o^ And the story is really nice! I grew up watching WuXia movies and series so concepts like the Paralyzing Punch, the Beggar Sect, the fightings between heroes, etc are not new to me anymore. Heck, at the back of my mind, I think I believe that the chinese people of long ago can really fly! LOlz Anyhoo, back to the story - it kinda connects me to my roots. LOlz Now I'm starting to think of reading chinese novels, particularly these WuXia types. I've never tried doing it before, I wonder if I can manage to finish a book. o___O Demo, I'd really love to try! Hope I can find somewhere where i can purchase one!

I've actually seen a live version of this before - Shen Diao Xia Lu (TCS 1998 production). I remember I used to watch it with my mom and cousin, and we would all go goo-goo eyed over Li Ming Shun (Christopher Lee) who played as Yang Guo. And Fan Won Fang (Fann Wong), dressed in a really nice white costume, played as Xiao Long Nu (Dragon Girl). It was such a big hit before. In fact, we love it so much, I asked my uncle in Taiwan to buy me a tape of Fann Wong's first album, which contained the OP and ED songs of the series. (We still didn't have a CD player back then. LOlz) Hey, I think I can still sing the OP...
"Wo xiang xin, ba ni de ming zi, nian shang yi jian bian, chiu hui nian cheng..."
//laughs!// Oh my, I have really bad pinyin! LOlz I'm gonna find that tape later when I get home. Anyway, here are some links to that adaptation:
Return of Condor Heroes
Return of Condor Heroes (another site)
RoCH review
Other adaptations
Actually, I'm putting those links here so that next time I can check them out. LOlz

Anyhoo, now my parents are watching another adaptation of Jin Young's novel: Tian Long Ba Bu Too bad I can't follow the series because I have no time. But it's basically a similar setting as Shen Diao Xia Lu.

No comments: