It's a Saturday and I'm supposed to be on vacation. Yet I just came back from school and I'm still wearing my uniform now. I feel silly, but this would be the last time I would be wearing this... because yesterday we already got our grades and... I passed. Yes, I PASSED!!! FOURTH YEAR NA KO!!!! wehehehe ^________^ So happy. Now we have to make many preparations for the senior clerkship, like new uniforms and nameplates, etc., but I'm just so grateful that God is faithful and good to me. I hope I can do well in the hospital. I am not skillful but I will do my best and improve myself. Ganbarimasu! >.<
The bad thing when I start clerkship this April 1 is that I probably won't be able to update my blog anymore. Actually, I was considering just closing this down, since I don't want to leave it idle. Demo ne, the thought of it just breaks my heart because I love my blog! It contains so much of me and my thoughts already. So anyway, I'll just try to update as often as I can, especially during this break. I doubt if people read this anyway, hehehe, but then I'm just writing all these for myself.
Finished TOKYO LOVE STORY and PUL SAE (Firebird/Phoenix) recently. TLS tells the story of cheerful girl named Rika who falls for her co-worker, Kanji. However, Kanji has an unconfessed love for someone in his past whom he cannot forget. I've read somewhere that TLS is the "best" jdorama, but unfortunately I don't agree. I did feel a lot of joys and pains throughout the story, but overall, I can say that it's just OK. But I think it must have been one of the nicest during its time. I found it sad that Rika and Kanji didn't end up together after all they've went thru. I could only conclude that perhaps Kanji never did love her at all. Perhaps he just needed her to fill the void within him. Perhaps he couldn't accept Rika's unusual way of loving. Come to think of it, how does one love anyway? Is there a right and wrong way when it comes to loving? Isn't it just an honest feeling that one tries to express? I really do not know. But as the title goes, perhaps their romance was just like it - a tokyo love story.
Firebird is a 26-episode korean drama starring Lee Seo Jin (Damo), Lee Eun Joo (Taegukgi) and Eric of Shinhwa. It tells the story of a rich spoiled girl (Ji Eun) and a poor smart guy (Sae Hoon) who loved each other so passionately, yet because they were still so young, foolish, and irresponsible, they only brought pain and grief to themselves and the people around them. They go their own ways, but by a twist of fate, find themselves again 10 years later. This time the tables have turned and Sae Hoon is now rich and successful, while Ji Eun has matured through the many difficult trials she has been through. Sae Hoon also has a fiancee, while Ji Eun has a devoted suitor. However, as the saying goes, first love never dies, and as the story unwinds, the flames of past love are rekindled.
Firebird is really a long and sad drama that I probably wouldn't want to ever watch again. One of the reasons is because everytime I look at Lee Eun Joo, my heart just bleeds knowing that such a beautiful and talented woman has suffered so much in her heart and she has left us already and I won't see her in any new movie ever again. I really like her and the thought of her sudden death just makes me so sad. u__u
But back to the series, I love the concept but didn't like the slow-paced flow of the story. I love the characters but didn't like what happened to some of them in the end (like Yoon Mi Ran). I was pleased though that it had a happy ending and everyone finally got to move on with his or her life. The character I liked best in this story is Jung Min, and it's not because Eric is good looking, hehehe ^^;; I just love the way he sees Ji Eun and his love for her. I felt most sad for him, although I knew that even if he was the sweetest and most ideal man, he wasn't the one destined for her. I realized here that love can be expressed in many different ways, and that we cannot really blame people when they become crazy because of "love" because, well, that's how they feel. And we can't stop them from feeling that way. I also learned that there is a right time for the perfect love and we just cannot force ourselves into it. Love is as passionate as the phoenix, and yet like this mystical bird which engulfs itself in its flames, it also involves sacrifices. I don't know what I'm writing anymore because I am at a loss again for words trying to describe what love is from this drama's point of view. All I just want to say is that if you want to burden your heart with another sad love story, then Firebird may very well be your cup of tea. In addition to the excellent cast, the OST is really really good and I highly recommend it.
Early this week I received some more new stuffs. Finally got my own complete copy of CARD CAPTOR SAKURA and will be watching it already, so expect the reincarnation of ShaoRan no Miko very soon. ^o^ Also, Trina sent me my advance tanjoubi puresento (arigatou, Trin!! ^o^)- a J-dorama called HEAVEN CANNOT WAIT, which I will watch later, plus Wonbin's MY BROTHER and a lot of j-music stuffs including Gackt's SIXTH DAY album, more Gackt and L'arc~en~ciel and Chemistry PVs, plus the SMAP '03 MIJ CONCERT. KimuTaku dancing -- GYAAAAAHHHH, CHOOOOKAKKOOOIIIII!!!! ^____^ I have more than enough CDs to keep me busy and drooling and breathless till the next time I rant again.
P.S. Today is the birthday of one of my bestest friends. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATH!! ^________^
No comments:
Post a Comment