Summer has begun. And the heat is killing me... TASUKETE!!! 0___o
Well, I just finished watching FULL HOUSE with my mom. Actually, I didn't want to watch any TV dramas anymore, but my mom was so excited when I got my copy, and Hya was insisting that I watch it, so I did. Full House is a 16-episode KBS drama which tells the unusual love story of a popular movie star named Lee Young Jae (played by singer/actor Rain) and a writer wanna-be named Han Ji Eun (Song Hye Gyo). Because of a deception, Ji Eun's house (which is called Full House) was sold to Young Jae by her so-called "friends". Since all of Ji Eun's money was also taken by her friends and since she doesn't want to give up her house, which was built by her father, she was convinced by Young Jae to have a contract marriage with him and work as his maid to earn some money. The two are as different as night and day, and they can't stand each other and often fight. But at the same time, they also have to keep up with appearances and show the public that they are happily married. But as to be expected from two people who spend most of their time together, they start to fall in love with each other, despite the fact that Young Jae has someone whom he deeply cares about, and Ji Eun's dashing boss is also falling for her...
If I am not mistaken, Full House was aired in Korea around the same time Lovers In Paris was aired, so I guess that must be some competition, since Pari boasts of its 50-something percent viewer's ratings. But then we're not here to compare but to review TV dramas, hehehe Besides, too much has already been said about Pari. ^o^ Anyway, feedback from my friends regarding Full House is quite good. Hya particularly loves it, and has been talking about it and telling us that it's a must-see and a must-have, and she also promoted Rain to her Top 5 Bishie List. ^^;; For me, I like Rain but he wouldn't be anywhere in Top 10. And personally, I just thought the series was OK. It was very entertaining, and the fun parts were really amusing and kept me and my mom laughing out hearts out.... BUT! (yes, there's a "BUT" ^^)... But what I didn't like was the flow of the story, or rather the non-flow (non-movement) of the story. It was OK at first - Ji Eun moving out, Ji Eun moving back, Ji Eun angry at Young Jae then making up, Young Jae angry at Ji Eun then making up, Ji Eun friends with Young Jae, Ji Eun vows never to speak to him, Ji Eun falls for Young Jae, Ji Eun gets angry at him again, yadda yadda - but when you take the same elements and keep repeating them, the story doesn't go anywhere and it becomes a little boring. Plus there are also a few loopholes in the story which I just kept off my mind. And although the last episode was sweet and lovey-dovey (which Rain fans will probably take in with gusto), I thought it was a bit too mushy for my taste.
About the cast, well actually, I'm a bit biased against the two main actors, Rain and Song Hye Gyo. Let's just say that Rain didn't make a good first impression to me before and I didn't like Song Hye Gyo's characters in previous dramas, not to mention that she used to be Lee Byung Hun's girlfriend IRL so I took that against her. I know, that's just so unfair of me. Sorry! ^^;; But I'm quite open-minded and I always give second chances. So anyway, I can't really evaluate if Rain's acting improved since Sangdoo! Let's Go To School since I didn't watch that series yet even though I got it since a long time ago. But in Full House, he was really cute and funny when he tries to be cute and funny, and he was also OK in the serious scenes. What I didn't like was that he kept yelling a lot... Yah, it's probably part of his character, so I think the flaw is not his but of his character. He actually reminds me of Kim Rae Won, they have the same manner of talking. And whenever I observe that, I also notice that Rain has kissable lips. Nyahahaha ^^ For Song Hye Gyo, I am very pleased that she plays a very different character here from her usual roles, and THAT is a very very refreshing change. It's too much for me to keep seeing her play these sick and dying or sad and broken-hearted characters who keep crying and crying. She's a young, gifted and very pretty actress, she should be given opportunities for other roles which can explore her talents. So I am happy that she was able to pull off such a sweet and mischievous character. And if I'm not mistaken, this was filmed probably around the same time she and Lee Byung Hun broke up, so it must be hard to act all cheerful on-screen. But she was able to, and so I think she really deserves some credit. Other characters in Full House are Kang Hye Won, played by Han Eun Jung - I think she's also in Success Story of Bright Girl, and Yoo Min Hyuk was played by Kim Sung Soo. I would just like to point out that I like Kim Sung Soo, hehehe He's cute and looks great in a suit, and I like his character in Full House. Kim Sung Soo is also in Yuriwha (Stained Glass) with Lee Dong Gun and Kim Ha Neul, so my excitement is doubled (tripled, quadrupled... ^^)
But anyway, my mom was very happy with Full House and was willing to watch it with me even until 4am (that must count for something, ne?), so over-all, I would say that Full House is funny and entertaining. The OST also is good and features lots of nice songs and instrumental tracks. Perhaps not exactly a must-see or a must-have, but if you want to have a fun light-hearted story and a good laugh, then you're very much welcome to enter the Full House. ^o^
P.S. Here's a really cutie pic of Rain:

Bottom: "sarang he~" (i love you~)
Yes Rain, I love you too... LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment