I was re-reading some of Pchan's recent notes for me, and in one letter, Pchan recommended a blog to me called Chona In The City so I decided to check it out the other day. When the page loaded, I went, “WHAT THE--?!” and was totally dumbfounded. It was an online journal of someone named Chona who apparently works as a domestic helper for some rich family, and the entries contained lots of typos and weird english from who knows where. I was in a hurry that time so I really didn’t bother to read the blog.
Last night, my sister was online so I told her to check the site out for herself. At first, she was as astonished as I was, and I thought she was just going to ignore it, but she kept on reading. I joined her and pretty soon, both of us became so absorbed with the life of this Chona character! She was so darn funny. Her very "barok" way of expressing her thoughts as well as her not-so-mundane experiences totally knocked us off our chairs in peals of laughter. I don’t even know how to describe it, one just have to read it to actually understand what I mean. My sis and I read through all of her entries and even the comments. Perhaps it was the sincere way of writing, but I actually believed in the stories at first. But later on we learned that it was a fictional character made by some guy named Francis (now that’s what I call creative writing! LOL), and it seemed to have gathered quite a number of fans and supporters last year. We’re too late to join the hype, but still my sis and I became members of the Chona Cult overnight. LOLz
No comments:
Post a Comment