Saturday, December 03, 2005

WHAT I FEEL, I DON’T DO. WHAT I DO NOT FEEL, I DO.


I was supposed to have the afternoon off. However, Dr Go had scheduled a Christmas party for his leukemia patients today, so I had to stay behind with Hya, Pie and Bandoy to help with the preparations. Achim and Pong2x were nice enough to help us out. We started decorating yesterday but did the final touches this morning, and in fairness, even with such hasty preparations, the conference room looked great! I felt really proud. ^____^

The program started around 230pm. There were so many children, probably ranging from ages 5 to 17, most of them wearing masks signifying their immunocompromised state. There were some speeches at first, then WE (the clerks) were called in front to do a song number (nyahahahaha… DON’T ASK! ^o^). Then the children played some games after which a hearty snacking session followed. Some of the children also showcased their singing and dancing talents, then there was gift-giving and awarding of prizes to the best belen made. I actually didn’t expect to have fun since it was still my third day in my Pedia rotation, but surprisingly, I enjoyed the party. I liked making the decors, I didn’t feel ashamed singing in front of many strangers, I ate free food, I received a kiddie goodie bag, I “stole” a yellow balloon, and I was able to take a picture with a Winnie the Pooh mascot [rolls eyes and grins]. I had a really grand time. It’s like going back into being a child once again.

On the other side of the story, I feel very pissed off right now because of a certain person whose name I DON’T FEEL LIKE revealing. All I just want to say is that in this world, there are really some people who are too lazy, too self-centered, too pigheaded, too cooped up on themselves to even care about other people. I wonder how these people can actually become good doctors and useful members of the society if still at this point in time, they remain stubborn and refuse to cooperate with the team. May God have mercy on their souls.

To top things off, I feel like my sempai is ignoring me. WHY WILL HE DO THAT!?! [cries a pailful] It’s just that I feel like he’s not so close to us clerks anymore, probably since some of his batchmates went into residency in MRH as well. (There’s actually a female surgery resident in MRH now. FEMALE SURGERY RESIDENT. u__u) Or perhaps I’m just plain paranoid. Hya said I’m just imagining things. She said it’s ME who refuses to look at my sempai or talk with him. [shocked] WHY WOULD I DO THAT!?! Why the heck would I ignore my sempai when he’s the sole reason of my existence when he’s the only reason I’m so excited to be back in MRH?! Why would I ignore my sempai when all I want is to stare at him the whole day while he goes about doing his daily activities? Why would I ignore my sempai when I haven’t seen him for a month and I miss him so much? There is absolutely no reason for me to ignore my sempai! [shakes head fervently]

Perhaps my sempai is really ignoring me. Perhaps he’s too embarrassed at what happened before. [NGEEEEEE!!! 0__o] Or maybe, he’s too tired already because they’ve put him in 48 hour duty set-up, which I think is crazy because that would mean my sempai will be overworked and which would also mean that we won’t be on duty together anymore [sad]. Or maybe, just maybe, I’m just plain crazy to be writing about this.

[sighs]

No comments: