Monday, February 06, 2006

MASKING PLEASURE AROUND


I haven’t updated for a while… teehee ^___^ GOMEN NASAI!!! I only realized that there are actually people who DO read my blog and are concerned about my life when Doc Grace texted me that Fangli actually sent her a message asking for my number because she was worried about me. Ehehe ^^;; Gomen nasai for making minna-san worried, soshite thank you for the concern and support. Last time I was really depressed, but now I’M ABSOLUTELY BACK TO NORMAL – back to the usual genki ‘ol me!!! v(^_______^) v That’s because I’m finally done with my Pedia rotation in hell NMMC, which also means I’m finally done with ALL major rotations for my clerkship!!! ^o^ This month, February, I’ll be rotating in Preventive and Community Medicine (PCM) and on March I’ll be in Family Medicine (FaMed). What do all of these mean?! NO MORE 24-HOUR DUTIES!!! ^o^ NO MORE WEEKEND DUTIES!!! ^o^ NO MORE WARD MONITORING!!! ^o^ NO MORE “PAGING SENIOR CLERK TAN”!!! ^o^ NO MORE IV INSERTIONS OR BLOOD EXTRACTIONS!!! ^o^ NO MORE FOLLOW UP OF LABS AND X-RAYS!!! ^o^ In short... VACATION DE-SU!!! ^__^

Actually, it’s not really “vacation”... teehee ^o^ If I say that, I would be looking down on the PCM and FaMed Departments, which is bad de-su! >.< But now, my workload is so so so so much lighter and I have lots and lots of free time. As of now, I have nothing to do on Fridays to Monday, so I just bum around at home. I wake up late on mornings and yet don’t have to worry a thing about rushing because I have nothing to do. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, I go to the outskirts of the city to give lectures about rabies and tetanus and nutrition and stuffs like that, and although a bit tiring (but not as tiring as 24-h duties), it’s fun! We learn a lot from the different people we meet. Later on, I’ll be assigned to the TB Unit where I’ll be doing home visits and repacking meds, and also to the Mother’s House where I’ll be giving more lectures. No rolling clinic this month because of the revalida. Yah... that’s my only problem this month: the revalida. [shudders at the thought of it]. The revalida is THE ULTIMATE EXAM for med students. It will test us on everything we’ve learned from first year to fourth year, and will be a major factor in determining if we can march this graduation or not. XD XD XD And it’s scheduled for next Monday, yet I still haven’t reviewed a single thing!!! [squirms] I will be DEAD! I hope I will NOT be dead. LOLz!
MISAKICHAN – FIGHTING!!! GANBATTE!!! teeheehee ^o^

[insert]: This is a bit off-topic, but I just have to mention this before all memories fade away. When I rotated in NICU for the last 11 days of my Pedia rotation, I actually improved my skills in blood extraction and IV insertion! [smiles proudly] Even though the workload was more or less the same as before, but the babies were just absolutely adorable!!! What I hated the most was extraction of blood for total bilirubin, b1 and b2, which I did EVERYDAY to at least 8 babies per day, but in fairness, only very few of my blood samples were hemolyzed and none of my samples were QNS (quantity not sufficient). [beams] I’m neither a med tech nor a phlebotomist, and I was the only clerk for all the babies in NICU and Annex1 Floor2, so I think this is quite an achievement, ne? Contrary to what Bandoy said, I wasn’t too depressed in NICU. Although the work is still difficult, but I did better there. Dr Pasagi even gave me THREE 24-hour merits for good NICU performance!! I feel so ureshiiiiiii….. ^o^ I guess I’m not “zero talent” after all, as Yuki Eiri would probably say… [winks] I’ll tell you about Yuki Eiri some other time. ^o^

Anyway, ‘nuff about my Pedia rotation, it’s all in the past now... So what have I been up to now that I’m playing bum? Hmm… Well, #1, I have to clean my room, teehee ^o^ The past month, it seemed like a storm had passed through Panda Land (which is the name of my room, by the way ^o^). All my things are on my table, on my bed and on the floor. There are books, papers, bags, CDs, clothes, boxes, etcetera everywhere, and it’s practically impossible to even enter Panda Land, much more sleep in there. XD However, I’ve started cleaning it now. I arranged my CDs first, of course! ^o^ And I realized that I’ve amassed quite a collection already these past few years. In fact, I have quite a pile that I haven’t watched yet, and I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch them at all. I guess that’s what happens when one is too obsessive-compulsive and doesn’t think at all before buying or burning, teehee XD XD But what to do? It’s a personality disorder. I have to buy or burn CDs or else I won’t be at peace with myself! XD Anyway, Panda Land looks a bit better now. At least I have cleared enough space so that I can at least sleep on my bed. XD XD XD After my revalida, I will make sure Panda Land will return back to its usual orderly and clean condition. YOSH! I need to do my best! ^o^

#2, My mom and I have started watching a korean series called MY LOVELY KIM SAM-SOON (Nae Ireumeun Kim Sam-soon). Actually, the CDs belong to Ate Yeyen (Hya’s onee-chan) and when she watched it, she immediately texted Hya that WE should watch it because we can very well RELATE daw to the story since it’s about a 29 year old fat girl who’s clumsy, daydreams and eats a lot and doesn’t have a boyfriend but is searching for one. [sarcastic]SALAMAT KAAYO Ate Yeyen for your thoughts... XD It’s actually quite a funny terebi dorama. And as much as I hate to admit it, the main character Sam-soon (played by actress Kim Sun-ah) reminds me so much of, well, myself...[squirms] She’s cute but chubby, loud and clumsy, imagines all sorts of weird things, makes all sorts of boo-boos, cries all the time, wears t-shirt and jeans and sneakers with sling bag, has bad hair, slouches and falls asleep while sitting, and has a horrible way of walking – JUST LIKE ME!!! ^o^ When my sister saw her, she pointed at the TV and yelled, “MA! IT’S ATSY!” XD XD XD But anyway, unlike her, I can’t cook and I don’t have a cutie young prince to love (and kiss!). [giggles] Sam Shik Jin-heon (Hyun Bin) isn’t really THAT cute, but he also has his adorable moments. ^o^ Anyway, we still have 6 more CDs to watch, I hope I won’t be disappointed!! I’ll write more about it next time. In fact, now that I have more free time, I plan to watch more CDs and write more reviews, so I hope people who read my blog will look forward to that. ^o^



P.S. I don't really understand what the title means, but it's from the Gravitation OST. ^o^

No comments: