Friday, April 07, 2006

TRASHING and TAGGING


I was so pissed off earlier. I was trying out the Gundam Seed CDs I burned last month, and I realized, that most of the CDs were defective!! OMG! As in out of the 17 cds, I think only 3 or 4 were not damaged. I was mortified! Gah, I hate defective CDs! It must've been because it was a cheap brand of blank cd that I bought. That time CD-R King ran out of the CD brands that I usually buy, so I had to settle for that cheap brand. It looked pleasant enough so I bought it. How was I to know that this would be the outcome! [extremely sad] Anyway, I was so furious, I took out all the CDs from the CD case, placed them all in a plastic bag, and trashed the bag. Chikusho. What a waste of time and effort and money!! x___X

Anyway, setting that aside, I was tagged by Fangli and Suoh-san. I still don't exactly understand what it means to be "tagged", but I guess I have to reply to the same questions that they answered. That's OK, because I love answering questions. Teehee ^O^ Anyway, well, here goes...

How many schools did I go to?
Three. I spent kindergarten to elementary third grade in Kong Hua School, then transferred to Oro Christian Grace School and stayed there until high school graduation. Both are chinese schools, but KHS is catholic and OCGS is protestant. Then I went to Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan), a Jesuit university, for both my degrees in B.S. Biology and in Medicine.

Was I the studious nerd, or the last minute hero?
Before, I love to study. I understood what I studied. And I got good grades in return. So yes, I guess I was a bit of a studious nerd. But later on in Medicine, I eventually got tired of studying. I couldn't understand what I'm studying. And I got grades that don't make any sense as well. So I guess now I'm more of the last minute hero, always cramming disorganized thoughts and infos. Bad example. Huwag tularan. ^O^

Was I the class "taiko" or the teacher's pet?
Er, I don't think so. I never really stood out, despite the fact that I did relatively well in school and that I was a nice person.

What was the biggest rule I broke in school?
I think when I was in Grade 5(?), we got caught playing Paint Me A Picture and making loud noises in the stairways, so we were each given a minor offense and had to pick up trash around school. Also, I and 2 other classmates were made to stand in the hallway, with a ballpen in between our nose and lips (PLEASE, DON'T ASK. ^O^). And my chinese teacher once called my mom up to say that I played hooky, which was so not true. I actually went home that time because I was sick.

Three subjects I enjoyed.
Math, History, Chinese

Three teachers that inspired me.
1. Teacher Weny - My english teacher in elementary and in third year high school. She used to be mean before she became a Christian, but she really has a good mastery of english, which she imparted to us. In her own way, she cultivated and nurtured the gifts in us, so we can read and write and act and live with so much passion and discipline.

2. Siansi Siao (aka Siansi Puti ^O^) - At first we heard she was strict and mean, but we later on love her because we learned so much from her. She taught us how to read the chinese newspaper, how to use the dictionary, sentence structure, poetry and literary pieces and even the geography of china! She'd draw the map of China on the board, and then shade out the upper region because chi ge si Mongolia, um si tiong kok...(this is Mongolia and not China... LOL). She taught us to love learning chinese and not just to study without retaining anything. I miss her a lot. I wonder how she's doing now.

3. Um... can't think of anyone else anymore. XD XD

No comments: