- an adventure story -
Yesterday, I EMBARKED on an adventure. After battling for 3 hours with a tubful of laundry which accumulated over the week, I put on my new sneakers and with firm resolution and much
I met Diko, Achi Au and her husband and their three kids - Nica, Siotee and Siobe. Then I went to church with them. For the first time since I arrived in Manila, I finally went to a sunday service. We went to Greenhills Christian Fellowship (GCF), which was a really HUGE church. It was like an entire 3-storey building! Anyway, I've always been skeptic about big churches because they somehow give me the impression that the members are not close. But interestingly, GCF gave me the feeling of belonging-ness, comfort and peace. I don't know. Maybe it's because I haven't gone to church for a very long time, so it feels so much like the prodigal
INSERT: Yesterday was MOTHER'S DAY, so there was a special Mother's Day presentation by the kids. A really cute kid (around 8 or 9 y/o) sang YOU RAISE ME UP so beautifully. While he was singing, his fellow performers blew kisses and posed lovingly for their moms. I broke into silent tears. I realized I miss my mom. I miss my family so much. So so much. u.u
Anyway, after that, we all went to Rai Rai Ken for lunch. YEY! It was actually my first time to eat in Rai Rai Ken so I was so excited. However, I was a bit disappointed with the food. I don't know if I was just shy, or if we didn't order the yummy stuffs, but I somehow had the feeling that I love Tokyo Tokyo better. And in Tokyo Tokyo, they refill your rice. Wehe XD
After that, we met up with Achi Au's pastor friend and his wife and kids. They actually planned to take us to Enchanted Kingdom but changed their minds because of the drizzle. Instead, we went to Star City. I really didn't plan on going on the rides, but Nica wanted ME to take her on the Viking. Pastilan, I haven't ridden the Viking since I was like 10(?). Good thing I didn't throw up, but I did feel a bit wobbly. Then they wanted to go in the Horror House (Gabi ng Lagim whatever), so I was tasked to take the 4 kids. What the @#$%^, all the kids clung to me like crazy and won't let go! Nica was holding my right hand tight and screaming. Siobe was pulling my left hand but refused to move. Siotee was clutching my left leg and wouldn't let go. The other kid (I forgot his name) almost sat on the floor in fear. And all around us, there's spooky music while all these weird mechanical contraptions showed up on all corners. Chikuso! I wanted to be afraid too but I didn't even have time to be afraid! LOL Tonikaku, it was a great experience. The kids enjoyed many other rides, but I just observed and ate ice cream (I'm like a little kid too!). ^O^ We were there for three hours before we finally called it a day.
On the way home, we passed by the newly-constructed soon-to-open SM MALL OF ASIA, and I thought to myself that I really want to go there. I don't know why, but when I first arrived here in Manila, and the driver pointed to it as our taxi passed by that area, I just had the longing to go there. It will open on May 21. I hope I can B.I. (nyahahaha) someone to take me. Everyone's really busy though. I don't want to be a burden as well. XD XD *sigh* Maybe next time lah. But I hope they will have lots of manga and anime goodies there! ^O^
I planned to go back with them to Ortigas but it was getting late so I decided to get off somewhere familiar. They let me off at Pasay City. X__x Actually, to be honest, I really had no idea where I was, and I kinda felt freaked out because it was a bit late already (around 6:30 pm). But I told myself as long as there's a jeepney for Taft or for Quiapo then nothing would scare me. I comforted myself by saying that I even took the bus to Lucena City alone (last Tuesday, which is another adventure story ^^), so jeepneys won't faze me anymore. Wehe XD Luckily, there was a jeep for Dimasalang so I rode it and got home safely one hour later. It had been a long day, but it had been really fun. ^O^
Anyway, earlier today, I was standing alone in front of the cinema ticket booth, debating if I should watch SILENT HILL. I've always wanted to watch it ever since I saw the poster because the characters looked interesting, and when I learned that it was based on a game, I want to watch it even more. But then I chickened out, so I decided to just blog instead. Wehe XD Maybe tomorrow I can muster up the courage to watch it. Maybe. XD
No comments:
Post a Comment