Monday, June 05, 2006

MISAKICHAN GOES TO UP DILIMAN
- an adventure story featuring the three stooges -


It seems as if I can’t stay put and just have to go somewhere every Sunday. XD

Well, yesterday was no exception. Hya, Shay2x and yours truly were lucky to be off-duty at the same time, so we decided to do things together that day. Unfortunately, we woke up late already (around 930!) because the previous night, we went out singing at one of those videoke booths in the arcade at Robinson's. Wehe (And now you understand why it rained last Saturday night ^O^). And then Hya was also up until 5 am watching GOONG while I was painstakingly fixing my cabinet. So that explains why we woke up so late and why it was already past 11 when we arrived at PhilCoA, which I was happy to know really stands for Philippine Coconut Authority (yay.. I'm one heck of a smart girl! XD). ^O^

Hya’s sister, Nimu, wasn’t around (or maybe busy?) when we arrived, so Hya decided to take us to her alma mater – the infamous UNIBERSIDAD NG PILIPINAS, DILIMAN CAMPUS. It was my first time to go there and I was surprised that it seemed like a totally different place, like Hya said. There were very wide roads where people can jog or bike, and huge trees which gave us shade and kept us cool. The buildings were big and so far away from each other, and they have nice names like Plaridel Hall, Palma Hall and International Center, etc. We took pictures of ourselves at the Oblation, Sunken Garden, Quezon Hall, a chapel (forgot the name!), another garden, etc. I’ll upload the pics next time if they look nice, wehe. Afterwards, we ate in a chinese(?) mini-resto in their “shopping center” called ERSAO. We actually wanted to try bulgogi and kimbap at the korean mini-resto beside Ersao but sadly it was closed on Sundays. Then we bought some “souveneirs items” (i.e. UP exam booklet XD) before leaving. I actually wanted a shirt, but I didn’t have the money. u__u

We went back to UP Bliss (it’s a residential area near UP) to do what we have to do, and that is, to get the board exam review materials from Hya’s sister. There were like 4 huge bags of notes and review books waiting for us, and even though the three of us are able to carry all those (AMAZON WOMEN!!! XD), yet we still hailed a taxi for convenience purposes and because it was already half past 2 and we still needed to meet Ate Cecille in Pasig. But on the way, Shay2x decided to go to Sampaloc instead to visit her sister and to get our laundry, so it was only Hya and I who went back to PGH to drop off the review materials and then went on to meet Ate Cecille.

Hya said we should just take the LRT then the MRT to save time. It was my first time to ride the LRT and I realized that it wasn’t any different than the MRT, except maybe there were more passengers and it seemed more crowded and hot. We took the LRT from Pedro Gil to EDSA-Taft, then the MRT from EDSA-Taft to Shaw. YAY! I’m getting pretty good at commuting via LRT/MRT eh? LOL XD Then we waited for Ate Cecille at Shangrila Mall (it was my first time to go there too! ^O^)

For all those who do not know, Ate Cecille is one of my (many) friends whom I met through the internet. In fact, it was THIS blog that paved the way for our friendship. (Go unearth old comments from November 2004 entries re: Lovers In Paris). I’ve met her once last November and have been planning to meet her again since I arrived here. Actually, I plan to meet a lot of people before I start my hospital duties soon. Anyway, she invited us to her house – which was really nice – and to her mother’s house where we had some snacks. (YEY! ^O^) Hya and I were also introduced to some of Ate Cecille’s family and friends, and it was a pleasant experience talking with them. Hya even told me that she felt warm and welcome in their house because everyone seemed to be in high spirits. Wehe ^O^ We then accompanied Ate Cecille back to Shangrila Mall where we strolled for while. We saw a bonsai exhibit (YEY!!! ^o^). It was really cool. I love the mini trees with no leaves! (Wehehe. Such weird taste XD). Then we parted ways. Ate Cecille gave me a discman as a gift so that I can listen to music. Wehehe I don’t know how the idea came to her, but it was actually exactly what I needed/wanted and have been praying for. So yehey! God does hear and answer prayers. I feel very grateful and very blessed. ^O^
*pops in It Started with A Kiss OST... YAY!!! ^________^*

Anyhoo, we’re about to finish our 6-week COMMED rotation. Only one more week to go and then it’s hello to one of the most dreaded - the OB-GYN Department. I really need to study already. Ngeeee... ^O^ But I also need to do something else – I need to finish watching Goong (aka Princess Hours/Palace based on the popular korean manhwa) before toxicity sets in. Hopefully I can write a review of it. Hopefully.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[Misakichan’s notes to self]

- Must procure the following: Nana (anime), Nana (japanese live movie), Kamikaze Girls (japanese live movie), Tsubasa Chronicles season 2 (anime – Syaoran, I love you!!!! XD), Hachimitsu to Clover season 2 (anime), Hachimitsu to Clover (japanese live movie), Magic Ring (TW series), The Rose (TW series), Ima Ai ni Yukimasu (japanese dorama), SekaChu (japanese dorama), Ichi Ritoru no Namida (japanese dorama), Nobuta wo Produce (japanese dorama), a lot of korean DVDs, some more manga scanlations, etc etc etc ... I think I must really contact Andrew soon. XD

- Still looking for: ITAZURA NA KISS dorama and manga. Don’t care what language it is translated to, as long as it’s ITAKISS. XD

- Also looking for Arashi concerts, PVs, shows and audio CDs. SMAP and Tokio stuffs too.

- Also looking for potential boyfriend

*rotfl

No comments: