Monday, November 26, 2007

THE CONCERT


Last Saturday, I went out with my classmates from high school (Gervie, Catherine, Glen and Jennifer). We had an early dinner at Loreto's where we chatted and updated ourselves with what we've all been up to. Gervie then showed us some of his "toothpick tricks" which I'd rather not elaborate. *giggles*

It's so nice to be with close friends. No matter how senseless the long talks are, you will always enjoy the comfort and warmth of being with people who know you and love you the most. (^o^)v



After dinner, Jen had to leave cos she still had to work. The four of us then went back to our high school where a christian concert was being held. Cath was able to get us some complimentary (read: FREE ^___^) tickets so we didn't have to spend anything. Yay!



The concert was entitled THE LORD IS MY TOWER featuring two powerful christian performers. One of them is Steve Kuban. I'm sure a lot of people know him or at least have heard of him cos he has blessed us with his beautiful gift of music. We had a great time singing along with him and praising God. It was a wonderful experience.



In the middle of the concert, Mike Hanopol showed up on stage. I've never heard of him, but he's actually very popular. He's a pinoy rock idol of the 70's who has popularized songs as Laki Sa Layaw (Jeprox) and Gusto Kong Mag-swimming sa Balong Malalim (er, I don't know the exact title XD). He said he used to be the symbol of "pinoy sex, dugs and rock", but now he has changed his ways and has become the symbol of "pinoy rock of salvation". He shared to us several wonderful songs. I was really impressed that even at his age, his voice is still strong and powerful, and that it now sings for the love of God. I'm sure his life's testimony will touch the hearts of many. Praise God!

Praise God indeed for such a fun time to be able to fellowship with friends and worship Him with singing and (a little) dancing. (^o^)v And we got to go back to our high school after all this time. Natsukashiiiiii... Wasn't it just yesterday when we were running around those halls in our white and blue skirts, so young and innocent and carefree?

Well... I guess we're not really that young and innocent and carefree anymore. o___O

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I just finished watching Love Hina Again. *makes guilty face* I know. It's something I should have watched many many years ago (since I bought that DVD many many years ago XD), but I just never got around to watching it. I never got around to watching most of my CDs actually... *sheepishly looking at TONS of backlogs* T__T; I promise I will watch my backlogs soon, er... one of these days... maybe... hopefully... XD XD XD

By the way, as you can see I've revamped my blog with a new look. I'll explain more about it (and my very very very long absence o__0;) in a future entry, but I promise that I'll be updating more often now. Yakusoku suru! So you'd better watch out for me! Hehehehe v(^o^)v

MISAKICHAN IS BACK! YEY! n____________n

No comments: