I wish the very best married life for Jennifer and Loreto!
Earlier tonight, I attended another small gathering prepared by me and my high school friends. It was a reunion of our batch (or what’s left of us here in CDO anyway >.<) and a bridal shower for Esther, another high school classmate who’s getting married next week. The occasion was attended by Catherine, Jennifer, Gervie, Ellery, Glen, Esther and me. We had a mini shabu-shabu dinner at Cath’s house, where we talked about our individual love lives and our thoughts on relationships. It was quite a “mature” and “serious” topic, so unlike the stuffs we used to talk about a few years back. But at the same time, I feel like nothing between us has changed. Maybe we’ve grown a little older and wiser(?), but somehow, there is still that childlike innocence and comfortable link of friendship that has strongly bonded us all throughout these years. That thought alone makes me happy. ^___^
After dinner, we had coffee and cake while we continued to update ourselves with what has been happening to our present lives. Afterwards, each of us proposed toasts (with Cali, hehehe; we are a very wholesome group XD) to the December brides, Esther and Jen. I raised my glass and wished them “good looks” – that they may have “good-looking” children, and will always remain “good-looking” to their husbands despite the changes time and circumstances may bring. ^________^
We had a little game for Esther afterwards, where she had to answer some questions we asked about her husband-to-be. For every incorrect answer, we made a nasty stroke on her face with a lipstick. XD After the game, we then proceeded to give our little bridal shower gifts for Esther. Can you guess what these “exciting” first-night items are? XDXDXD
(Bottom) instructional video XD, pregnancy test
All of us had a good laugh, especially Esther who was practically squealing in embarrassment. I was the one who gave her the condom XD, saying that as a physician, I only want her to be “protected’. Roflmao. Upon closer look, I noticed that it was actually a product made in Japan, and on much closer look, I was amused to read the brand name:
ROFLMAO!!! ^_________________^
I’m just happy that Jennifer and Esther are both ready enough to move on to another phase in life. I think it takes a lot of courage and commitment to be able to say the vows, “for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part”, to someone you’ve chosen to spend the rest of your life with. I think it requires a lot of mental and emotional preparations, and most importantly, a spiritual maturity that can only come from a relationship grounded on God's unfailing guidance and love. I really pray that God will bless their marriages and make them very blissful and submissive wives.
To Esther and Jen, BEST WISHES and GOD BLESS YOUR MARRIED LIVES!
CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment