I'm sick.
I've been sick for the past three days with Acute Exudative Tonsillopharyngitis. It started with a little fever and a little sore throat, which gradually worsened. And two nights ago, I didn't get any sleep because of the persistent fever and chills. And last night I couldn't sleep again because I've been retching and vomiting and feeling all disgusted. You'd feel disgusted too if you have these whitish exudates on your mucosa (encircled in yellow). (The green arrow is pointing at my missing tooth XD).

Did you know that doctors can be the worst patients? XD It took me three days to finally admit that I really need some antibiotics, and this morning I was tempted to just get some Doxycycline from the clinic, but figured that it might not really work that well. So following the drug of choice listed on my Expanded Medicine Blue Book, I decided to treat myself with Phenoxymethylpenicillin, although seriously at this day and age where microbes are resistant to most antibiotics, nobody uses Penicillins anymore. But being the cheapskate that I am, I figured that it will still be effective for me (and it's way cheaper than having to buy Clindamycin or Azithromycin). So I checked the MIMS (which was quite an old issue) in the clinic for what brand names to use and came up with three: Centrapen, Pentacillin and Sumapen.
When I went to the drugstore, I asked how much those medicines cost (because I was thinking of buying the cheapest XD), and I was surprised to learn that they have already been phased out (ehek!), and only Sumapen was available in the market. I even heard the saleslady mutter in annoyance, "These are very old brand names...". Ironically, the saleslady was probably in her late forties or early fifties already. I felt embarrassed to have written that prescription. XD It would have been easier to buy Amoxicillin. I'm sure there are lots of cheaper and equally effective Amoxicillin in the market.
Well, I do hope I'd get well soon. I'm tired of being sick and of sleeping most of my time away. I'm also sad that I can't taste very well and can't even finish my food. Speaking and swallowing is just so painful.
I want to be healthy again.
No comments:
Post a Comment