
I'm back home! (at least for now...) ^____^
I was in Camiguin for the past 14 days (May 20 to June 2), and 12.5 of those days were spent working as the new Medical Officer III of Catarman District Hospital (CDH). I'm so tired right now, and I'm just being kept awake by the caffeine in my mug of coffee. But I wanted to blog, and make good use of my time before I go back to work in Malaybalay this Sunday.
Well about my work in Catarman... My duty there is to see and manage emergency cases, and admit patients needing hospital care. I also handle outpatient consultations from Mondays to Fridays, and issue stuffs like medical certificates for whatever purposes, and medico-legal certificates to support police reports. I deliver normal OB cases, and do minor surgeries like excision, suturing and circumcision. I was able to deliver 5 babies, circumcise around 8 or 9 boys, and suture quite a number of lacerated wounds, mostly sustained by drunk patients who went to enjoy the fiesta in a nearby town. All the work is pretty much mine, and I'm on 24-hour duty for the entire 10 days I'm scheduled there. It sounds quite stressful, but it's actually NOT THAT bad.
For one thing, since it's a primary government hospital, and I'm the only physician on duty there with no access to consultants, the cases we can accept are just the relatively benign ones (Thank God!). Surgical, gynecologic or just about any complicated medical cases are immediately referred to Camiguin General Hospital (CGH), the secondary health facility located in Mambajao, Camiguin. And I'm quite relieved because most of the resident physicans in CGH are my classmates and good friends, so referring is quite a breeze (although I try as much as possible not to refer X3). And even though I'm on duty THE WHOLE TIME, it's not often for the nurses to wake me up at night, since the people there don't exactly seek admission unless they really really really have to already. So there are times that I can sleep the whole night through, but sometimes they wake me up to see one or two patients, which is still pretty much OK. And what I like best there is that there's no government office on weekends. So during Saturdays and Sundays, we don't do outpatient consultations and it's pretty much just doing the morning rounds and seeing emergency cases only. It's kinda difficult to describe, but suffice it to say that despite the workload, I pretty much get more rest there in Catarman compared to when I'm here at home, and I was able to watch some animes with my new portable DVD player as well.
In fact, I finished FIVE anime series. ^________________^
- Night Wizard
- Tehnjo Tenge
- Baccano!
- La Corda D'Oro -Primo Passo-
- Romeo x Juliet
Since there are 3 of of us physicians working for ten days each in Catarman, my work there is officially scheduled on the last ten days of the month, although I don't know how we will divide the month if there are 31 days. I refuse to go on 11-days duty ALL THE TIME. I think that would be quite unfair for my part since I think our salary is fixed. I went on extra two days duty this time because there are 31 days last month (we still haven't resolved this issue yet), and my classmate, Jen Lapar, requested me to cover for her for one more day because she had a very important appointment scheduled last June 1. On our next round of duty, she'll "pay me back" for that extra day of duty, so I'll be off one day earlier at the end of this month.
So in summary, my schedule henceforth will be:
* Every Day 1 to 6 of the month - I'll be home in Cagayan de Oro.
* Every Day 7 to 18 of the month - I'll be working in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
* Every Day 19-20 of the month - I'll be back home in CDO just to do some laundry and prepare some stuffs.
* Every Day 21-30/31 of the month - I'll be working in Catarman, Camiguin.
As much as I want to update my blog often, I can only do so when I'm home in CDO. Although we have wifi access in Malaybalay and Camiguin, but I don't have a laptop so it's pretty useless. But I also prefer to use these days away from home to catch up on my reading and anime/drama backlogs (and maybe draw some stuffs too). I think and hope that I can maximize the things I can accomplish with this kind of schedule.
Well that's it for now. I'm sorry my writing's kinda messed up. I'm just too tired, I can't seem to make my thoughts organized. Hehehehe Tomorrow (or later), I have to go to a lot of places to process some documents and requirements, so hopefully I'll be able to accomplish all those stuffs.
Oyasumi! o^__^o

P.S. Although Camiguin is known for being a paradise island with "white sand beaches", but I'm there for work, and not for play. XD
[ Disclaimer ] I didn't take these pictures. I just randomly googled them.
No comments:
Post a Comment