I got a text from my friend Juhara saying that she's back in CDO for now but will go back to Manila tomorrow. And since I had the evening off so I decided to go home to meet up with her. I just felt so tired after last night's duty, and just slept soundly during the almost three-hour bus ride home.
I arrived in the terminal around 830pm, but since it was raining, it took me a while to get a taxi ride home. Then I went to Joey's place to hang out and eat some cake. She showed me more of her Tohoshinki downloads, and introduced me to some more Kpop idols. Lately I'm just not into Korean entertainment anymore. It's not like I lost interest in it or anything, but rather, I already have TOO MANY interests for my own good and it's just not on my priority list right now. I don't have the time and effort to grow and nurture another fandom.
So as I was watching Showbiz Extra with Joey, my thoughts drifted to my own fangirl priorities...
- First, I obviously like HOARDING. It just feels good to know I own a copy of a certain series/album/manga/etc, despite the fact that I haven't watched/listened/read it yet. The mere fact that I have it gives me satisfaction.
- My first priority hoard right now is anime. I just love to collect really good series, especially if they date back quite some time ago. And because of my obsessive-compulsive nature, I would often try to download ALL the seasons and versions of a certain series (including manga). I'd feel uneasy if I don't complete a certain "set".
- On dramas, my priority right now is TAIWANESE > JAPANESE > KOREAN. It's weird but right now I just want to watch more Taiwanese dramas. It's also easier for me to understand them so I don't mind watching them raw or if with sucky english subs. However, most of the items queued on my torrent client right now are J-drama episodes. I'm temporarily refraining from Korean TV dramas because they're usually very long and tragic, and I have no patience for that right now. The last K-drama I watched was Coffee Prince's First Shop, which I immensely enjoyed. ^___^ But that was still last year.
- Other hoard items for me are manga scanlations and artbook scans. I recently developed this obsession of right clicking and saving lovely images, with the intention of making them as reference materials for "future drawings". Unfortunately, these "future drawings" never materialized because of my laziness and because I really don't have the time to do that now (since I'm so busy hoarding XD).
- First, I obviously like HOARDING. It just feels good to know I own a copy of a certain series/album/manga/etc, despite the fact that I haven't watched/listened/read it yet. The mere fact that I have it gives me satisfaction.
Well, after an episode of Showbiz Extra and a slice of cake, I bade Joey goodbye since I am just so bone tired and still have to wake up early for work tomorrow. I will surely miss her cos I don't know when I'll see her again. But right now, I just wish her the best and for her to have the concentration and confidence needed to undergo the hellish preparations for board exams. I've been there and I've done that, so I can somehow understand what she's going through (and add to that her other problems as well).
I myself need some fighting too since I just can't seem to recover yet from my super lack of sleep the other day. It makes me more absent-minded (as if I'm not absent-minded enough already) and I tend to make funny and embarrassing mistakes when I'm very sleepy (i.e. write "a small mall in Baguio" under Doctor's Orders XD). In any case, presence of mind is needed since a mistake in my job may prove fatal to my patients. T___T

To be followed by...

No comments:
Post a Comment