Sunday, May 09, 2010

FIND YOURSELF


After sumptuous roast beef dinner last night, I went back to the hospital and planned on hitting the sack early. I was quite tired physically, and my eyes were kinda heavy. I haven't watched much TV lately, so I chose to turn it on for a while just to kill some time before I go to sleep. Flipping through channels, I saw Cars being featured again on Disney Channel and decided to watch it.

I wasn't able to watch this in cinemas in 2006 because I didn't think too highly about it. I wasn't interested at all in watching a movie about cars. But some time last year, while at work, I got the chance to watch this featured in Disney Channel. And I realized I would have missed out a lot if I skipped this one out.

Cars is the story of rookie race car Lightning McQueen, one of the three who tied in the last championship race for the Piston Cup. A tiebreaker event was set after a week, but by some turn of events, Lightning McQueen got lost on the way and somehow ended up in the long forgotten town of Radiator Springs. His encounter with the townsfolk who eventually became his friends, and his experiences make him realize that there is so much more to life than just winning a cup, and this attitude causes him to emerge as a true victor in the end.

I cried the first time I watched this film, and I cried again last night. I'm overly emotional at times and just cannot stop my tears from flowing (much to my embarrassment ^^;). I just love how the characters and their relationships developed in this movie, and how everything turned out right in the end. I can consider this one of my favorite animated films, along with Meet the Robinsons and Horton Hears a Who (which can also reduce me into a freakin' crybaby despite my having watched them several times already =__=)

This is the ending song of the movie - Find Yourself by Brad Paisley - which is a really nice and appropriate song for this film.




After that, I flipped the channels again and chanced upon Godzilla in Cartoon Network. I've watched this when I was younger and thought then that Matthew Broderick looked really cute here. So I got to finish the movie around 12mn, and hurriedly turned off the TV before I could find something else to watch again and a reason to lose more sleep.

No comments: