I know this entry is a bit too late but the last movie I watched was Clash of the Titans. Because of work schedule, I think I got to watch this movie only on its third week of screening. By then, everyone else in the world has already seen the movie, opinions and reviews made, and the entire movie spoiled for me. Nevertheless, I still went to watch this movie with high expectations...
...and went home slightly disappointed.
Not really disappointed. Just a bit.
When I first saw the trailer, I was really excited. I really like fantasy films set in mythical worlds, plus it seemed to boast of great special effects and a distinguished set of actors. Sam Worthington, who gained worldwide fame in the blockbuster Avatar, was also cast as the lead. So overall, it seemed really promising.
I don’t know what I was expecting, but it just somehow didn’t live up to my expectations. We have a stunning line-up of actors yet there was minimal character development. We have a great premise of a story, but it somehow ended too soon (but I guess they probably stuck with the original story, which is reasonable). We have awesome effects, then again there’s really nothing new and exciting there. Not a single part of the movie made any significant or lasting imprint on me. Maybe if you’ve seen the 1981 movie and compared it with the new, perhaps you can say that this is so much better. But for someone like me who hasn’t seen the old film, and is living in the era of 3D and SFX, I just wasn’t too impressed.
It wasn’t really bad. It just wasn't that good either.
Now I wonder how I'll feel about Ironman 2. I so love the first movie, and how Robert Downey Jr played the carefree Tony Stark. Now if only I can find the time to bust out of the hospital life and have some well-deserved R&R...

No comments:
Post a Comment