Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A NATURAL KIND OF HIGH



This is a really late entry, so I'll keep it short. Last month I met up with some friends and here's what happened...

Photobucket


JUNE 14 :
My high school classmate, Christine (aka Tabs), came home to the Philippines after around 6 or 7 years in Canada. We met up along with out other classmates, Gervie, Glen and Juvy. We had a sumptious dinner at Butcher's Best Barbeque, then has gelato at Missy Bon Bon, then had coffee at Figaro's. Although the time was short, but we really had a great fellowship reminiscing about our past, and updating each other of our present lives. Of course Tabs was the queen of the night, for she generously paid for all our bills. XD Gervie, on the other hand, was our gallant knight in shining armour - he played chauffeur and drove each one of us home. XD


JUNE 16 :
My friend Hya, who was on one-month leave from her Pedia residency training in PGH, came to visit us, and so I ditched work to go out with her and our classmates, Ann (who's also on leave from PGH) and Shay (who also ditched work XD). Shay's sister also went with us.

Photobucket


We decided to go to Zipzone in Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, for some extreme once-in-a-lifetime experience - ZIPLINING! The complete package was composed of three rides: 320m long, 150m long, and the crazy 840m long ride, which proudly boasts as Asia's longest dual zipline elevated at 4500 feet above sea level. I'm not a sporty person at all, but I definitely enjoyed the feel of the cool wind on my face, the pine trees (and ulp! death drop) below me, and the adrenaline rush as I flew through the air.

Photobucket
YES! THIS IS ME!!!


There were other exciting things to do in Dahilayan such as the driving the ATV trail, Zorbing, and visiting some nature parks and garden. However, we couldn't stay long and had to hit the road already. I don't know if I will ever go back there again, but the memories we made in that place are forever etched in my heart (char! :3).

No comments: