Wednesday, November 17, 2010

AVATAR D3D


"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream." - Jake Sully


Yesterday was declared a religious holiday for the Muslims in celebration of Eid al-Adha. My parents and I took this opportunity to have some family bonding and went to SM to watch James Cameron’s AVATAR in Digital 3D.


The first time I saw the ad for this movie was maybe late 2009. I really wasn’t interested in it and did not expect much from it cos I thought it was just another sci-fi flick loaded with CG stuffs. But when I went to watch it in the big screen, I was totally blown away! Akin to how George Lucas has made the universe of Star Wars, or how J.K. Rowling has weaved the realm of Hogwarts, writer/director James Cameron has created a whole new fantasy world complete with its own lush ecosystem and a civilization rich with its own history, culture and language. I am overwhelmed at how he has visualized such a concept, and how he has infused various philosophies and traditions into it, which ultimately resulted to this solid story that stirs not only excitement but also some form of awareness within us. I remember clinging on to my seat, subconsciously holding my breath, as I watched this intricate tale unfold before my very eyes. This has got to be the best movie I’ve seen this year, and when we heard that it was being shown again in Digital 3D, we couldn’t just pass up the experience.

This is only my second time to watch a 3D movie (the first being Resident Evil: Degeneration) and I think this is the first time that SM CDO actually showed a movie in Digital 3D. For PhP 250, you get to wear those plastic glasses for that 3D ride, eat your complimentary popcorn and experience their so-called “shaker seats”. I ooh-ed and ahh-ed with fellow audiences on particularly striking scenes, and purposely attempted to grab foliage and water droplets that appeared near me. I laughed and dodged with everyone else from the balls and arrows and broken glass which went flying into our direction. It was quite enjoyable! And even though I don’t think our cinema has all the right equipment for this technology yet, and their staff still needs some sort of training on how to seat us, but it was, on the whole, good enough. My father did say, while grinning like a little boy, "Chada jud kayu Avatar 3D..." ^o^


1 comment:

jan said...

chada jud sya..favorite moviue ko nga ito eh..hehehehe....kasalanan rin ng goguma couple and ni jushin aka avatar..hehehe