Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HOI HOI!


I'm so sorry that it's been almost 3 months since I last updated my blog. Primary reason is because I've been SO LAZY, and secondly, cos I was already contemplating on giving up on this blog. I've been quite busy with work and is now at a point in my life where I need to make serious life-changing decisions. And so I figured that I probably will have to altogether abandon this blog soon depending on the course of my life. But right now I'm feeling envious of other people's blogs, so I decided to start writing again. Until when I will continue to blog is a question I'd rather not think about for now.

It's also been so long since I last watched a korean drama. If I am not mistaken, the last k-series I watched was actually 2007's The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince, which I watched some two years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed that series, btw, but never really got to write about it. I've heard of great k-dramas (and even bought DVDs) but just never had the passion to watch them, as they are becoming more and more too angsty for my taste and usually take a long time to finish. Even last year's Boys Over Flowers, which I painstakingly downloaded raw with softsubs, only held my attention for 2 episodes.

So it's really quite a surprise that after I've read from Ate Yeyen's blog that hardsubs are available for My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, I impulsively jumped into the bandwagon and started DIRECT downloading the first two episodes. (It wasn't even a torrent file!) And one random evening after work, I decided to watch a random file from my hard drive and chanced upon those two episodes.


This is a 16-episode romantic comedy telling the not-quite-fortunate(?) tale of a young man who accidentally unleashes a gumiho (nine-tailed fox) from a painting, and how their unusual relationship springs into a great love that surpasses all things (however cliche that may actually sound XD). As much as I would like to elaborate more and give a detailed episode-by-episode recap, I think it would be best to just watch the series for yourself (and get those recaps from more qualified sites like dramabeans ). Since it's pretty much light hearted and funny, so it's so easy and fun to watch. Trust me when I say that every episode will leave you wanting to go on to the next, and when you're all finished you'll get horrible drama withdrawal symptoms and will want to rewatch the series all over again (or like me, watch youtube videos and download just about anything related to it!). But don't let the after effects discourage you from watching cos it will be a total loss if you don't. You'd be missing out on at least three things:


1. The adorable Lee Seung Gi!



I don't know this guy and I swear that when I first saw him I didn't think he was good looking at all. And I swear that until now I still think that way. ^o^ But despite that, I have been totally captivated by this guy! With his charming personality, boyish grin and cute dimples, I just couldn't help but fall in love with his portrayal of Cha Dae Woong. He surprises me with his mischievous antics and impresses me with how his character grew in the story. And when I later learned that he is a singer in real life, I was absolutely surprised and impressed at how strong and smooth and wonderful his voice is! I am now a true convert! And I gladly surrender and wallow in my Lee Seung Gi fandom. *hearts*



2. The dazzling Shin Min Ah!



I must have seen around six of Shin Min Ah's movies. But I think the only TV series I've ever seen her in was Beautiful Days, where she portrayed Lee Byung Hun's bratty sister. I've always thought of her as pretty, but in this drama where she plays Miho the Gumiho, I can only think of her beauty as otherworldly. It doesn't matter how messy her hair is, or how she never seems to change her clothes, or how ridiculous looking is the (action school) bag that she's carrying around -- she's just so radiant and dazzling! Absolutely gorgeous! The combination of her innocence and spunk makes Miho such a lovable character that you can't help but be bewitched.



3. The winning tale of Forbidden LOVE!




I often equate Kdramas with Angst + Tragedy. But thank God for the Hong sisters who not only gave this series an appealing plot, but have also infused it with a good dose of comic relief and amusing twists. Add to that a great mix of supporting characters and a wonderful OST to boot (Seung Gi-sshi singing 2 of the tracks + Lee Sun Hee's Fox Rain = WIN!). Every episode never failed to make me laugh, and also cry. And every episode always left me craving for the next, while silently cheering and praying for our Hoi Hoi couple. I must admit though that somewhere in the middle, the story fell into the typical depressing korean melodrama that seems to go around in circles. But thankfully it didn't drag on too long! I won't tell you how it ends, but overall, I'd say I was quite satisfied and happy with this series and will definitely be re-watching this, as well as sharing it with my friends.

Hoi Hoi, GO watch it now!!! ^_______________^


1 comment:

jan said...

omooooooooo..super inggit ako!!!! yon lang...