~* JaNuArY - FeBrUaRy ReCaP *~
Time flies so quickly, and we're now two months into 2012. What have I accomplished so far!? Let's do a review...
- In real life matters... I've done nothing much. Last January, I resigned from my job of more than 3 years, and ever since has just been going to random hospitals/clinics for duties. The first two months were quite OK as I had my hands quite full. But for March I hardly have any scheduled work. No work means no income, so I still don't know how to pay the bills for this month. And I also need to save up for something BIG come November. But I try not to really think about all these for now, and just go with the flow. I know I really should start moving forward and hand in applications for residency training, but I still don't have the heart and mindset to do it. So technically, I'm pretty much a lazy bum for now, which is bad. (・_・;)
- In other aspects of my real life... I also think I've done nothing much (I know! I'm such a loser! TAT). Room's still gathering dust, my stuffs are still all over the place, toys and books have yet to be organized... I know I need to clean up!!! Besides that, I also need to clean up myself -- in a lot of aspects. Like physically, I really need to exercise routinely and SRSLY skip those occasional after-work donuts. TAT Then mentally, I really need to make time to review my medical books (BOO. TAT) Not only that, I also need to check out tutorials on drawing (as suggested by my boyfriend) and study Japanese (cos I'm also preparing for another BIG thing come December). And most most most importantly, I really need to address my spiritual life, which I must admit, is so dried up right now. I need to fight my inner battles and conquer my fears and bad habits. I badly need a big BONK in the head and get back to putting God first in my life, pursuing His ultimate will for me, and doing regular quiet time. And this should really be my priority above all else!!! (ーー゛)
- In matters pertaining to the heart (≧∇≦)... Suoh and I have started some couple activities last year but we were not able to stick to them because of laziness and procrastination. TAT So for this year, we really have set our minds to rid ourselves of our bad habits and do the things we set out to do. Our first couple activity is to have a theme art for the month, and for January we did "Dragon" and for February we did that "col-LOVE-boration" project, and we met the deadlines for both. For March, we are doing "Moe Mahou Shoujo" and the target date for submission is March 10. We also have an upcoming couple art project which we will start planning this month. Our second couple activity is to watch a particular anime for the month. We chose Hanasaku Iroha for January, and although I wasn't able to watch it then, but I got to finish it recently. For February, we initially picked Blood+, but both of us were unable to watch even a single episode of it. ( ̄□ ̄;)So two days before the end of the month, we changed our anime for the month to the original net animation Afterschool Pleiades, and we finished it at the nick of time. To make up for our blooper, we're watching Kaichou wa Maid-sama, High School of the Dead and UN-GO for March (yah I know, it's kinda too much, but we're determined!). And... Suoh will be coming to visit me this month!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
- So talking about drawings... Now while I'm not particularly good at it, I do think that I might have a talent for it if I could just hone my skills with practice and push myself to do more. Since I have a lot of free time (and am pretty much inspired) the past 2 months, I have produced FIVE new pieces of artworks (well, SIX, if you include the bad inking I did last night). That's quite an achievement, I guess. Some of them I've already uploaded in my deviantart account, but I still have yet to scan the others. Although it is purely a hobby and I have no intention to draw for a living, but what I really want to achieve is to find my own style. I can only do that through study and frequent practice.
- Now that I've mentioned inspiration... one of the reasons I'm so worked up is because of the two PSP games that I'm currently playing: Uta no Prince-sama Music and
Hatsukoi: Demon Barber From Fleet StreetHakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom. I'm no good in gaming, but I just might get to finish these two games very soon *hopeful*. More about these when I finally feel like writing about them. (*´▽`*)
- In matters pertaining to my incomparable hoarding abilities... I have decided that for this month of March, I WILL NOT BE DOWNLOADING ANYTHING NEW. I still have some files queued on utorrent, but I will have to stop myself from adding more. I will also be refraining from direct downloads of whatever (manga, music, games, etc etc). Instead, I will channel my time and energy into watching what I have previously downloaded. For the first two months, I have finished FIVE anime titles (Uta no Prince-sama, Vision of Escaflowne, Getsumen to Heiki Mina, Hanasaku Iroha, Afterschool Pleiades) and for this month I intend to finish 30 more titles. YES, THIRTY! (I am really pushing myself TAT). I have also been reading and plan to read more, and have so far finished SIX books (The House of Windjammer, The Golem's Eye, Ptolemy's Gate, The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz). The last book was a bet with my sister that we could finish the same book within the same month, and we also met that goal. Our new challenge for this month is to watch at least THREE movies, which won't be so difficult to achieve.
Other goals I have set for this month is to regularly update this blog, revamp/edit my other blog (which is a pretty much just a list of my hoards), and also to write for the new Anime Illusions blog. Might have to cut down internet time to achieve all of these, but I really want to make good use of this free month where I can get away from the brouhahas of my profession. Cos come April, I don't know what I will be doing but hopefully, I can make a major move in my career. So for now, please let me be a wee bit irresponsible and live up to being a bum. ヽ(´ー`)┌
Oh, and sorry for the long rant. I was initially just going to do a "short" recap, but well... _| ̄|○

1 comment:
I don't think I will be able to accomplish it, but I will do my very best!!! Fighting! XD
Post a Comment