THERMAE ROMAE
I must admit that when I saw this image as part of the Winter 2012 line-up, I didn't bother to give it a second look.
But today, when I saw this trailer, I changed my mind!
So I immediately looked it up, and learned that Thermae Romae is an award winning manga by Yamazaki Mari that has spawned a three-episode anime and this upcoming movie to be released on April 28, 2012. The casting for the live action adaptation includes veteran actor Abe Hiroshi and pop celebrity Ueto Aya. It tells the story of a Roman architect named Lucius Modestus who hasn't been successful with his designs. One day, he visits a public bath, and somehow got trapped in an underwater hole and then transported to a bath house in 20th century Japan. He then uses these modern ideas to build his own bathing facility.
A hilarious story about bath houses and time travel -- why am I not at all surprised that this epic piece is from Japan!? \(^o^)/ Abe Hiroshi's multiple facial expressions in that trailer are absolutely priceless! I literally laughed out loud! Once my no-new-download month is over, I will definitely put this on top of my queue list.

1 comment:
WTF is this?!!? I don't even...
Post a Comment