Sunday, November 11, 2012

UNPLANNED EXERCISE

A few minutes past 7 this evening, I rushed to go to my suki internet cafe so I can have my most recent drawing scanned. Since it was just two blocks away from my house, I didn't bother taking my wallet or watch. I just took my drawing, twenty petots and my flash disk with me. However, when the cafe owner saw me, he gave me an apologetic grin, and informed me that their scanner/printer is busted. So I left the place and thought I'd walk around the area, and see if I can find another internet cafe. I was pretty confident that I could find one nearby.

So I started to walk... and walk... and walk... but still no computer shop. I kept walking... and walking... looking around, but I still didn't find what I was looking for. So I continued to walk... and walk... and... I REACHED DIVISORIA WTF!!?!


Lemme explain a bit... I live in a residential area and although Divisoria, which is like the heart of the city, is easily accesible by transportation, but it takes a while to walk to. But I braved the traffic and the tambays on the roadside so I can get to any internet cafe. I immediately went into the first shop I found to ask if they have a scanner, and the attendant said YES, so I handed him my drawing. Then I asked him how much it costs, and do you know what he said!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID!?!?!

"Twenty petots..."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Since I was already too tired to think, I just told him to have it scanned already, then gave all my money (coins!!!) to him. After scanning and saving my artwork, I had no choice but to walk back again!

Panting and drenched in my own sweat and dust, I started walking back. I began to recall my college days when I used to take the main road and walk home from school. My classmates who have cars would sometimes pass me by and offer me a ride, which I'd politely decline. They probably thought I was dirt broke hence I couldn't afford a public transportation. Though indeed, back then, I barely had enough money. In fact, there have been instances when I did walk back home cos I didn't have any money left. 

Those were the good ol days... yet why did I find myself in a similar predicament as then!?! (✖╭╮✖)

And what is this artwork that I really needed to scan tonight!?! 

No comments: