Kare Kano, a shoujo anime by Gainax, tells the story of two model students Miyazawa Yukino and Arima Souichiro, and how they learned of each other's true nature and eventually, fell in love. I've always wanted to watch this anime and so I was extra-glad when I got to borrow it. Storywise, it was really sweet. The chemistry between Arima and Miyazawa was really touching. And the subplots were also OK. Although it's a typical love story, but it also has it's own uniqueness. The characters were wonderful. Miyazawa Yukino reminds me so much of myself! Arima is such a bishie that you can't help but fall in love with him (especially when he came back from his kendo training). And their family and friends were... peculiar. And PeroPero (their hippo-face dog!) is absolutely adorable. *grins* Opening and Ending Themes were OK, nothing really extraordinary. Artwork in general is nice, the type that I like where the characters don't look very serious or realistic. The colors though were not very attractive, kinda reminds you of old animes even though Kare Kano is relatively new (1998?). Super Deformed images were totally kawaii!! Especially those of Miyazawa. Two things I didn't like about it though were: [#1] The ending was really bad. Episode 25 was like so out of this world, and the last was like something they just cut out from the manga and hurriedly put together. It was really sad because many things were left without conclusion and the ending doesn't leave much of an impression. A friend even commented that maybe the artists were already tired of drawing o__O;;. [#2] Arima's sudden ecchi-ness really freaks me out. He seemed like a very wonderful bishie till he said those words. I almost fell off my chair. Even though it's anime, I still don't like these kinds of stuffs, and 15 year-olds who are doing IT is not exactly being a good example to the youth of today. Anyway, all in all, I like this anime. I would've gotten myself my own copy but I changed my mind because of those two reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment