Tuesday, May 06, 2003

MY FIRST TIME TO SEE A BRAWL


Last Sunday, we went to the beach. I would've went swimming but I changed my mind cos I really don't like sand in my clothes and I can't swim anyway.. o__O;; So I just stayed in the cottage while I watched my aunties and uncle swim.

Then around 4pm, my relatives were still planning to go back to the water, when suddenly, the cottage next to us was filled with commotion. Apparently the guys got very drunk and got into a brawl (that's why I don't like drinking and I am very turned off at people who get drunk x__X). Well, Guy #1 already had a knife in his hand, and if it weren't for the other people who stopped him then he would've stabbed somebody already. Guy #2, seeing that Guy #1 was holding a knife, reached out to grab the knife on their table, but his wife, who was wailing loudly like a baby, held him back by pulling on his shirt. Guy #1 was taken back to his cottage, his knife was taken away. But as soon as he got free, he started climbing out of the cottage, much to the shock of everyone. People started screaming. But Guy #1 was really super-drunk, so instead of landing on his feet, he landed face flat on the sand. His nose/mouth bled. Then Guy #3, who was related to Guy #2, took a big beer bottle, and started walking to the Guy #1's cottage. It was a good thing his other relatives stopped him, because I think he really have every intention of bashing the bottle on someone's head. Then Guy #4, who was Guy #2's son, was also so furious that he wanted to do a fistfight (What was he thinking.. sheesh!). Eventually, everything was settled. Guy #1's family left the place to avoid any more violence.

One might think that I must be out of my mind, but I was actually quite amused with the scenario. It actually didn't register in my mind that what was happening was for real. So the whole time, I just sat there - very near Guy #2's cottage - mesmerized and excited of what was going to happen next. It was like watching a Tagalog action flick. LOL When I looked behind my back, everyone in my family has already stood up and were all in one corner, far away as possible from the commotion. Then they hurriedly placed all our things in the box. My aunties didn't even bother to change out of their wet clothes but just wrapped themselves with a towel O__o. Then we left the place. It was then that I realized that it was a frightening situation. And I was just actually sitting there, amused! I wonder where my brains went. LOL

No comments: