Friday, May 16, 2003

FIRST YOUTH FELLOWSHIP


I just got back from our very first official Youth Bible Study in the church. (anou, Misaki? youth? x____X) Well, I was actually not planning to go, because the members are most likely high school kids. But then I thought I really didn't want to join the Singles Group (and discuss about marriage and work!? no way!), and I really want to be active in church, so I figured I'd just try this one. So I went to the core group meeting last week, and well, ended up announcing about the fellowship last Sunday, and went to the Bible Study today.

Well, somehow I really wasn't blessed with the activity. *sad* Actually, it was OK, but there were VERY young members in the group (i.e. 11 y/o) and some VERY old (i.e 50+ y/o?) people who decided to join too. So the discussion became quite weird, with the kids enjoying the scribbling more, and the "more mature" ones discussing stuffs that were not exactly "youthful". *sigh* I really want the Youth Ministry to work out. Even though I'm quite old to be joining it, but I've never been part of a Youth Ministry before. And I really want to take an active part in church now. I've realized that I can do more for God if I interact more with others, and then I can grow better spiritually.

I hope the next fellowship will be better. I will pray for it, and since I'll be joining the core group meeting again, then maybe we can brainstorm for new and more effective ideas. TO GOD BE ALL GLORY! ^____^

No comments: