"Don't merely be satisfied by pushing others or just by seeing them moving forward. You have to go forward by yourself." -Kusanagi Kei, Onegai Teacher
Last Sunday, our pastor mentioned that we should "walk our talk". It means since we profess we're Christians, we should act like Christians. We don't only say principles, we must mean it and do it.
In connection with the topic on Teitai, I am learning that I am not "walking my talk". Last week, a friend texted me and told me that she saw her ex and his son, and she felt very bad. In an exasperated tone, I told her to just forget the guy and move on. For goodness sakes', it has been years already! I guess I was a little harsh on her. o__O I do understand that it must've been really hurtful for her. I should've been more sympathetic. But when it comes to issues like this, my natural response is to get exasperated and to tell the person to move on with his/her life.
I'm so good at that -- telling others to move on and forget their hurts. I'm so excellent at cheering people and encouraging them to be strong and brave. When in fact, I'm the one who desperately wants to believe in what I'm saying. Actually I really mean what I tell them. But I guess in some ways, I want to convince myself too. *sigh* It's so frustrating desu~!! It's like I'm being so fake! I am not. I'm very sincere actually.
That's why I have to fix this problem -- whatever it is!!! Last Sunday, I went in front of the whole church congregation for the first time to do some inviting for the Youth Fellowship. I even made a poster for the Youth ministry. It went well. That was a start. I really should stop thinking that my works are inferior, that I am in inferior. I should be braver and try out new things. I should try to believe and trust. *smiles wistfully*
Honda Tohru's mom (Furuba) told Tohru to "Try to believe. And in this way, you can be an encouragement for others." May I bless others with my life and may I reflect the Lord's love, goodness, and faithfulness with my attitude in life.
Now that I'm a bit rational, and my head is a little clearer, I feel that all I've been rambling about are pretty senseless. Wahehehe~ Why should I be feeling this way? I'm a Piffle Princess -- I am meant for greater things. And this suck-y attitude isn't going to get me anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment