Thrirty years have passed since the Ukiya Syun and company battled the invaders. Now a new breed of invaders have started reappearing, a new enemy has surfaced, and it's up to the new batch of Gatekeepers to save the world from the destruction that is to come...
I had lots of fun watching GK 21! ^__^ The characters were already different, so it kinda makes you miss the characters from the series. But the new characters are also lovable: Ayane reminds me of Syun's little sis with Megumi's cynical attitude (she also reminds me of "The Paper" from Read or Die ^o^), while Miu reminds me of Ruri, with Reiko's baka-ness. There was also this other girl, Satoka(?), and i am impressed with her cool weapons!! She actually reminds me of Swordee's self-portrait, the one with the short shirt and big sword. ^o^ The artwork is similar to the series. The style and color are different from the usual animes, but my friend told me that it's because GK is a relatively new anime, and that most new animes seem to have their own dynamic trademark. o___O On music, I just love "Ima, Egao ga Areba" (Now, If There Is A Smile)!! It's such a positive song, and it reminds me of the GK series' OP "Asu no Egao no Tameni" (For The Sake of Tomorrow's Smile). I didn't like the other song though, cos it was kinda slow and solemn. But when it was used as BGM, it was beautiful. ^o^ Now about the story, it was really cool how they developed it and made it more hi-tech. :p Like now, the gatekeepers can use virtual gates in the form of mobile phones. The story leaves some questions unanswered though, like why Kageyama (although his name was really not mentioned) is now fighting on the good side and whatever happened to Syun that his daughter hates him with the same hatred he had for his Father. The theme focused on friendship and courage. It was touching to see Ayane and Miu soar high like birds, knowing that it was only possible to realize their dreams because they had each other. As Ayane eventually realized in the end, "You probably can't do fun things if you're alone.."
Of course one of the main highlights was Houjou Yukino, who's probably my most favorite character in GK. (Well yah, I did kinda like Feye but it was only because she possessed the power of fire, which is my favorite element. ^o^) Yukino looked different in GK 21 - a bit younger, in my opinion. And she looks TOTEMO KAWAII when Miu dressed her up in a fuku. ^o^v Anyway, she sacrificed herself in the end, and I broke into tears when she lay in Miu's arms and quoted, "Even though I believe the world to be full of hardships, I am unable to fly away, for I am not a bird..." I thought that was very beautiful. This is our world and so we have to deal with it. We should not run away but instead we must take courage and face the challenges we have before us. And I realized that we cannot stand alone. Only if we have friends who deeply care for us can we soar high and become who we want to be...
And I want to be a Piffle Princess. v(^o^)v
No comments:
Post a Comment