I want... Van to live!
I will stay near Van...
...until he realizes he's not alone...
...until his sadness goes away...
I'll stay close to him...
Yes. There is no sadness that won't go away eventually...
I want to... believe
...like how the rain always stops...
I believe together we will see...
...the blue sky once again...
---Kanzaki Hitomi
Hitomi Kanzaki is a high school girl who seems sad of her own existence. Following a calling, she was transported to a totally new world, Gaea, to fulfill the role of the goddess of wings. Together with the fiery prince Van, and the mecha Escaflowne (the god of war?), Hitomi must save the land of Gaea from the evil destructive plans of Lord Folken.
*sigh* Every time I make a review and do a short synopsis, I always feel that I'm not saying the right things. o___O
Well, anyway, I finally got to watch VOE the movie. My friend's VCD was lying in my house for so long, but I couldn't watch it because our player doesn't read the disc. *sad* But it's a good thing though that I was able to borrow another copy, and so I was happy! So.. review~ review~ The story is not really unusual. It kinda reminds me of Magic Knights Rayearth, where someone from the present time gets transported in a mystical world to save it from someone evil. But VOE has its own twists, nevertheless. The theme of the story is REALLY GOOD! I like the way they stressed on loneliness, and how two individuals can fill each other's longings. And though far apart, there still remains that special bond between the two of them. Characterization was not particularly good.I thought it lacked development since, being a 132-minute movie, there was a time constraint. Many of the characters, like Allen and Dilandau were hardly given any importance. Artwork was beautiful. At first I couldn't appreciate it but later on I realized that it was a beautiful style. Their designs for the mechas and the setting was just wonderful! I heard that the movie has better artwork thatn the series. Well anyway, on music, I can describe it with only one word: PERFECT! From the gothic(?) background music to Sakamoto Maaya's Yubiwa, it's simply perfect. I was moved to tears while watching Van look up to find Hitomi gone, and then I hear the angelic voice of Sakamoto Maaya... Very sad ending. But very beautiful.
I think that loneliness is really something that everyone feels. It can make you become like Folken-sama, who was driven to madness, and eventually to his demise. Or it can make you like Van and Hitomi, who were moved to find strength and completeness in each other. Either way, we have to deal with such sadness... and I hope that for my part, I can find the comfort of someone always being there for me, in spirit and in heart. (Bah! LOL)
Isn't it painful to be alone?
Isn't it difficult?
It was the same with me.
Although, if we're together, we could hurt each other.
And there might come a time for us to part again.
But that's not the end, is it?
I'M RIGHT HERE...
No comments:
Post a Comment