"As long as you try hard to breathe, then you shall see the miracle.."
Liang Yi Xun has inherited a certain type of heart disease from her father. As a young girl, she was weak and was often bullied around by her classmates. But Ji Qing Chuan, her very good friend, always stood by her side and took care of her. When Qing Chuan's family has decided to migrate to the US, he gave her a small bottle with a stalk of lavender inside, which she should keep so that he would always seem to be by her side. He also had a similar bottle. He also told Yi Xun that he likes her, and promised to come back for her on her 20th birthday.
Lavender, Yi Xun eventually learned, actually symbolizes 'waiting for a loved one'. And that's what Yi Xun did. When she was about to turn 20, her childhood sweetheart did come back. But he is now Leo - a rising pop idol filled with ambitions, and yet also filled with hurt and distrust. How the simple Yi Xun brought meaning to the empty life of Qing Chuan, and how Qing Chuan unconditionally loved the sick Yi Xun is the story of this 10-episode taiwanese TV drama series.
I finally finished watching Lavender (Xun Yi Cao)! I was not able to watch it when it was first aired - because we don't have SETTV channel, and I DID NOT watch it when it was aired in the local TV channel - because I hate dubbed versions. It was a good thing that I told my auntie about it, and so she bought the VCD set and let me borrow it. I thought it was a sweet, sad and simple story. I laughed a bit, got a little annoyed, and cried a lot. Sheesh, I'm choooo..baka when it comes to these things. *sheepish* Well, some parts were cheesy and annoying (especially the latter part) but in general, I like the message of the story, which is to find someone to inspire you in doing the things you do, and bring you meaning in your life (hmm.. sounds like a typical TV drama noh?). And also to cherish and care for the important people in your life, because you'll never know when they will leave you. I think it was basically a story of living and loving to the fullest. My auntie and P-chan said that the ending was "hanging". But I thought it was just right. I thought that the sad conclusion was just perfect and beautiful. I was crying so hard then, it looked like I was being scolded or something. LOLz Can't help it! I have very sensitive lacrimal glands. LOLz ^_____^ Anyway, I like a lot of parts (er.. no, not the mushy stuffs ^^;;), like the part when Yi Xun's sister died and the ending when Qing Chuan sang the song he made for Yi Xun and afterwards, he just broke down and cried (ohmyweakness! macho men who cry! LOLz) because somehow he knew *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* that Yi Xun has left him. But one of the sweetest parts of the story was when Qing Chuan realized that Yi Xun is the girl he wants to cherish in his life, and he was standing outside of Yi Xun's house, and he called her up to ask if she was willing to be his girlfriend.
Qing Chuan: You need to prepare yourself if you want to be my girlfriend.
Yi Xun: Prepare myself?
Qing Juan:When I write songs, I am annoyed when people disturb me.
I have a bad temper.
And I have very long working hours.
Maybe we cannot meet everyday.
When I'm busy, even a phone call is too much to ask.
Also, we might have to keep your identity a secret from my fans.
What do you think? Did I scare you?
Yi Xun:When you write songs, I'll give you your space.
When you're having a bad temper, I'll stand far away.
If you work for long hours, I can wait.
If we can't meet everyday, that's OK... because I'll think of you.
If a phone call is too much to ask, then I'll leave a message.
If you have to keep my identity a secret from your fans, then I don't care.
Because I only want to be able to stand by your side when you need me the most.
Is that OK?
*looks at what she wrote and thinks that her brain must be made up of mush.. LOL* I think though that those kinds of people only exist in TV. I doubt if there are real people who are like that. It sounds kind of er, stupid. ^^;;
Also, there was a character there named Xiao Tong who was also in love with Yi Xun. And he was willing to do ANYTHING to make her happy. I guess there are some people who are like that - they are ideal and nice and like-able, but they are just not the one meant for the girl (like Won Bin in Endless Love). Yi Xun treated him as a friend, but another girl told her that if she didn't care that way for Xiao Tong then she should just go away because by being his friend, she encourages him to like her more. *sigh* Isn't it possible for one male and one female to become normal friends!? And it wasn't her fault that Xiao Tong likes her more and more because she was just being herself. Is it wrong to be yourself!? x___X
By the way, Yi Xun often ties her hair in a ponytail slightly deviated to the left side. And then she puts a kawaii clip for effect. I call this her "Lavender Hair". *giggles* And anou.. I actually copy it. *sheepish "baa.. baa.."* My mom said I look cute with my new hairstyle. ^_____^ But she calls it "Labandera Hair" because of all the strands that keep falling off. LOLz
Anyway, the actress who plays Yi Xun has a new series in CTS now called "Xing Yuan" (erm.. 'Wishing On A Star'? I don't know what's the english title.) Her character (and hairstyle ^___^) is different from the one in Lavender. She plays Zi Xing, a pianist who lost her boyfriend in an accident. She thought she couldn't find another guy to love until she met Hao Yang, who's really sweet and who promised to take care of her memories. Well, it would've been a normal love story if Mason didn't appear. Mason just so happens to look exactly like Zi Xing's deceased boyfriend, except that he has an attitude problem. Anyway, here's a pic of Hao Yang and Zi Xing. Hao Yang isn't exactly cute.

more pics
This new CTS series also evokes a lot of tears from me. LOLz It's a good thing that it's only aired once a week. hehe Oh. Today is tuesday. Then I guess I will have a good crying session again tonight. >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment