"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." 1 Timothy 6:10
Er, NO. I am not obsessed with money. But I do not deny its importance. I do not deny the fact that when we wake up and brush our teeth in the morning, we need it (to buy toothpaste and pay for running water). We need it to buy food. We need it to buy clothes. We need it to go to school. We need it to buy anime. We need it in practically every aspect of our lives.
I remember my cousin. In one of her classes, they were made to write an essay on love and money. All of her classmates stressed on the cheesy ek-ek of love blah blah. It was only her who stressed on the importance of money when one engages in a relationship or marriage. She stated a quote often used by lovebirds: "Bahala na saging, basta loving" and then pointed out that you still need money to buy "saging". Point taken.
I would be lying if I say that I do not care at all about money. It is NOT my obsession or my motivation, but I know what we need. And what we need is a good source of income. One of the goals of the Piffle Princess is to make sure that her "kingdom" is financially secure and that her "people" are happy and content. She would rather die than fail.
Sometimes I get really frustrated (my patience do have its limits) at my present state of helplessness and I rant (silently, on my own) and start pointing fingers. I blame everyone else except myself. I point out that I am 21 years old, I should be enjoying my youth. I should be out having fun, go shopping, get myself some boyfriends, demand things from my parents, act spoiled and irresponsible. I am 21 years old. It is not my responsibility to be thinking about where the next meal will come from or how we're going to pay for the bills. It is not my duty to figure out a solution for financial stuffs in school. And I do not want to play peacemaker in the house. I am 21 years old. And I can only be young once.
Sometimes, in frustration, I ask God: "WHY ME, LORD? WHY!?" and I always get the same answer: "WHY NOT YOU?" And so, I shut up and submit to my fate. Yes, maybe this is the burden that I am to carry. Maybe I was never made to be a spoiled and irresponsible brat. But definitely, all this has a purpose, and all this has an end.
Whenever I feel frustrated (or when I fail my exams ^^;;), I always sing this song. It means a lot to me:
All things (all things), work together (work together)
For the good of those (for the good of those)
Who love Him.
When things are beyond my control
To you Lord I lift up my soul
And when things are hard to understand
Lord, I trust in Your perfect plan.
I am glad that I have my faith to keep me sane. I am glad that I have the Lord to make me secure despite troubled times. I am always thankful for His goodness, and I often remind myself to always appreciate and never take things for granted. "This too shall pass." And it will. I will emerge a victor. I will not be defeated by the tests of life. I will not fail. The Piffle Princess never fails.
No comments:
Post a Comment