I wanted to wake up early today but the weather was so cold.... Hmm... so conducive for sleeping. So that extra sleep was quite a mistake because I was going to COMELEC today to register for the upcoming elections. Imagine my surprise to see a looooooooooong line that stretched for two blocks when I arrived around 7.30 in the area near the COMELEC office. Sheesh. The first thing that went to my mind was, "I'm getting outta here. I don't have to vote." But I thought again and decided that my one vote can make all the difference so I patiently waited for my turn. Oh a lot of people tried to insert into the line but of course everyone got a little angry and shouted "Hey go line up at the back!". ^o^ I got a priority number after around 30 minutes. 442. Sheesh. I will be accomodated around 1 o'clock this afternoon.
After that, I dropped by the post office to mail a letter. Then I went to school to enrol. Not much of a problem there since we don't have to join the crazy enrolment system of the undergrad students. We don't have to get those prio numbers and wait in line. All we do to these arrogant student volunteers is to match up to their arrogance and say flat out, "HEY WE'RE MED STUDENTS!" and they cringe and let us do our transactions first. LOL Well... they don't really cringe. But they look "humbled". And I get a sense of satisfaction there. LOL Hey, I've been through those crazy undergrad enrolment systems too! And it feels so good that now I don't have to join the mess. Our university enrolment days is always a mess and is often the subject of criticism. >.<
After I got my classcards validated, I realize that I still have lots of time till I have to go back to the COMELEC office. To kill time I walked around the campus with my friend, then we decided to get haircuts! LOL I've been wanting to get one since my hair started to become long and annoying. So we tried out this new salon that offered free shampoo and blowdry with the hair trim. LOL It was relatively cheap too. I don't really spend much on "hair care". The principle there is that the annoying hair just grows back, so there's no point spending so much on something that eventually becomes annoying again. ^____^ Anyway, I think the hairdresser did a nice job. But I didn't give her a tip. (stingy!stingy! LOL) But honestly, I didn't know that we have to do that. It was only later when my friend asked me if I gave a tip, and I said "Hey, we're students, not rich folks!" ^___^ (stingy! stingy! LOL)
Well, I still needed to kill more time, so I decided to go online for a while. So.. TADAH! That's why I'm here. ^____^ Lately, I've been lazy and have not been myself. But that's another story that I'll leave for next time. *__*
No comments:
Post a Comment