Sunday, December 21, 2003

THE GIRL NEXT DOOR


I finally got to watch the Thai DVD I received from my Thai friend. The title of the movie is “Sex Phone” (but it is not porn de-su!) It is a really really sweet romance-drama about finding true love. In fact, the story is not really that related to the title. Why did they give it such a title anyway?! It makes searching for pictures so difficult since a bunch of adult sites would come out when you type the title on the search engines. //sweatdrops//

SYNOPSIS: It is basically a story about two neighbors, Deu and Jay, who have totally different lifestyles and who always fight. By some unexpected twist of fate, they got to know more about each other without really knowing that it was the other. (Err, they were sort-of phone pals.) This just goes to show that sometimes, love comes to you in the most unexpected person. more details

MUSIC: The music is really nice too! My friend actually sent me some tracks from the OST first and that was what prompted my curiosity about the movie, because the songs are sweet. I particularly like the one Jay likes to request When I Fall In Love and the BGM when they got separated… um, I don’t know the title because it’s in Thai. //laughs// I will have to ask next time about the titles of the songs.

FAVORITE SCENES: Well, two of my most favorite scenes are:
1. When “Emma” (Jay) and “Kawee” (Deu) were talking, as usual, on the phone. Deu already knows that “Emma” is Jay but Jay still doesn’t know that Deu is the same person as Kawee.
Deu: I have something to tell you!
Jay: I have some thing to tell you too… (pauses) I like you…
Deu:
Jay: I mean I USED to like you… but now I like someone else…
Deu: (dejected)
Jay: And that’s why I think we should end these phone conversations, because I think it’s unfair for both of you…
Deu: (even more dejected) I always thought that you were the one who can make me happy and depressed... So, (pauses) who’s the lucky guy?
Jay: Well, do you remember that neighbor I was talking to you about..?
(And Deu’s face breaks into an uber-happy grin and he almost flies off his seat! So sweet de-su!)

2.When Jay learns that her phone friend, her confidant, is the same as her neighbor, and she rushes into the rain without listening to Deu’s explanation. Deu then confesses her true feelings for her – on air. It was really sweet - the way he said, “Phom Rak Khun (I love you)... Do you believe me, Jay?” //swoons// Oh sweet!! ^____^

PICTURES:
This is Deu (played by D2B member, Kawee Tunjararak). He’s not cute de-su, but he has his own charm…


but he is a hottie here !!! //grins//


This is Jay (played by Punlapa Taylor). She’s really pretty and has a really sweet smile. Sometimes, she looks like one of my classmates.


Here are some of their sweet moments:




//sigh// When I was watching it, I actually didn’t want it to end. I just wanted it to go on and on and on.. but of course that’s impossible. //laughs// Well, I can always watch it again and relive the sweet moments, ne?

No comments: