Today, we had a little get-together with some of my friends from high school. There were 8 of us, and we had lunch together at this little dimsum establishment. Then we went to the mall for a while to have our picture taken, and then we went to this little game-and-food joint to play chinese checkers. We talked a lot on what we've been up to and updated ourselves about the activities of our other friends. We joked around and teased each other like we used to. And we kept laughing so hard that sometimes it's almost embarrassing (but we didn't care anyway! //winks//). Somehow, even though we haven't seen each other for a while, but we just naturally connected and chatted as if we have never been separated by time and distance. And I think that is what I like most and what is so wonderful about our friendship. I like the feeling of being with the right people, the comfort of being with true friends. That no matter how different our paths may be, we still bond just like the way we did back when we were still younger. So I feel so happy today, that I was able to meet and have a great time with my high school classmates.
What was a little funny though was that at some point, I noticed that I was "set apart" again. LOLz Not that it bothered me, since I guess I've always been like that. Most of my feamle friends were talking about their works and their boyfriends, and so I really couldn't participate in their discussion. [note to self: must PROCURE a boyfriend before next year's reunion //laughs//] And I really wanted to join the conversation between G-kun and his friend since they were discussing animes and games, but they didn't invite me and I was too shy to approach them. //sheepish// So I guess at some point, I found myself in a little awkward situation.
But anyway, next week we'll probably have another get-together again, this time with the other classmates who weren't able to join us today. So I'm pretty psyched about it! ^o^
No comments:
Post a Comment