Friday, January 09, 2004

CLINICS DAY - SESSION 2


Today was Clinics Day for us. And our patient was a 32-year old man with a liver abscess. It was really tiring to ask all those questions, and to do all those PE. And even though I wasn't the one doing the major questioning and examining, but I felt tired too as I listened and assisted my groupmates. We were done early and were waiting for our facilitator to come when one of our profs (the chairperson of that subject) entered the ward. Among all the facilitators, we fear her the most because we don't want to be under her um.. "wrath". //sheepish// (But she is a really really GOOD physician). And well, we were the first group very near the ward entrance and we were careful not to make any eye contact. But she approached us! And she chose our group! Gyaaaahhh!!! And since she's a specialist in gastrointestinal stuffs, then our case was obviously an easy one for her! WAAAAaaahhhh... //weeps//

But, thank God, everything went pretty well. ^o^ She didn't yell at us or what, and we seemed to have done OK. What was really the most freaky part was when she called one of my groupmates to do PE on the patient's abdomen and it looked like my classmate was gonna faint from the anxiety (but good thing she didn't!). She actually performed inspection, auscultation, percussion and palpation ALL BY HERSELF!!! Ehek. After we finished, she was all drained (mostly from the anxiety! ^__^).

BUT...! What happened to the cute pink-haired girl named Misaki? Well, all the time our prof was asking questions, I was standing next to her, so she couldn't easily see me and call on me. So.... that means the cute pink-haired girl was NEVER called and asked to do anything! //sheepish// + LUcKy + ehehehe But I did learn a lot this day and maybe next time it'll be my turn to be put under the test. I should prepare very well for it de-su!! ^____^

No comments: