Thursday, April 01, 2004

PIFFLE THOUGHTS ON THE FEMALE CERVIX


I've started volunteering at the Community Health Care Center, which is basically the German-funded charity hospital on the 1st and 2nd floors of our college building. I'm assigned to assist an OB-Gynecologist and today is my second day. I didn't have any particular feelings whatsoever at first, except perhaps that I feel a little lazy since it's summer but I still have to wake up early for this. Anyhoo, as expected, I was tasked to write prescriptions and observe the procedures. But, I don't know. Maybe it slipped my mind that I was in an OB-GYN clinic, cos when the doctor started examining the uh, female anatomy, well, I guess I just wasn't prepared for that... ^^;;;

I was a little surprised actually. I mean, it prolly doesn't show on my face, since I always have such a passive, dumb-ish look all the time. And I know that by choosing this profession, we have to be really scientific and all... but I was quite taken aback. And I even asked hesitantly, "Doc, is it OK if I watch you do the examination?" and she replied, "Yes, of course!" Ehek. But it was really interesting though. A little freaky when the doctor inserted the speculum, but when she opened the speculum already and I got to see the cervix, I felt "enlightened". LOlz And then the doctor told me this morning that I should read about Bimanual Examination because she's going to let me do it. And I was like, "Whoa! ME?! BME?! You mean I will (ack!) palpate the cervix with my fingers?!" So I was a little tense and I was telling myself over and over that this is a very good opportunity to learn so I should not be afraid. And I kept repeating Sayama Shoko's "If you're not brave, then nothing can begin" as if it was going to save me from such an uncomfortable fate. But anyhoo, to put an end to the story, I didn't get to do it. Nobody came for cervical examination this afternoon. =sigh= I felt relieved at the same time sad at the loss of an opportunity. I may get to do it tomorrow though. But then again, maybe not.

Moving on to another topic, tonight Maalaala Mo Kaya will be featuring "The Mark Bautista Story" and we will be watching it for the simple reasons that #1. Mark Bautista is from my city, and #2. He happens to be a classmate and friend from high school. Grabeh, sometimes we still can't believe that he has now become a TV star and is fulfilling his dreams. I feel amused sometimes when I see him guesting and singing on shows, or playing his "Quiapo! Quiapo!" role in Sarah. LOlz And now this. His own life story on TV and he gets to act it out too. But I guess it's a little expected cos he has the talent and the looks. I hope he makes it big. He deserves it man pud. ^o^
(Hm... I wonder if we will be mentioned in the story? Ha.Ha.Ha. I doubt it!)

Currently loving Gackto’s "Kimi noTameni Dekiru Koto". It’s prolly one of his older singles, but I really really love it! And I think I’m starting to like Gackto too. I like his voice – it’s so powerful and manly. I like his eyes – they look sad. And he’s really quite charming, as I like to describe him. He’s quite funny in some of the clips Yukichan gave me and so I really like to watch those clips (as well as his PVs) over and over.

Ahhh... weather today is the same as the weather since the start of the summer break -- IT'S SO DARN HOT!!! I always have the electric fan in front of my face cos if I just lose contact of it for even just a few minutes, I start to sweat. Agh! Anyhoo, next week we will be going to Camiguin! Wehooo!! It will be a nice summer place to visit since it is filled with beaches, hot springs, and fun! fun! fun! Even though it's quite near my city, but I've never been there yet. I plan to really bask myself under the sun and burn my skin till it peels. LoLz Lolz

No comments: