Monday, November 29, 2004

MOVIES AND OTHER STUFFS


We're finally done with all of our bimonthly exams and I feel relieved, but at the same time there is a dreadful sense of impending doom since our test papers have not yet been returned and our grades for the third bimonthly have not yet been released. But at least now, there is also sense of peace since we still have no exams scheduled and no heavy lectures yet, and no classes today... and no classes this friday to sunday because it's XU Days... and no classes on December 8 (I forgot why)... and Christmas break is coming up... *stretches arms* THIS IS SO GOOD. ^_____^

Anyway, so last week I was able to buy 2 new korean DVDs - Everybody Has A Secret and Fighter In The Wind. I've always been looking forward to Everybody Has A Secret since I wanted to watch the pair-up of Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo again! I just love them so much in Beautiful Days, and love their pair-up to the point that I wish they are a couple IRL. They look really good together. ^o^ Anyway, about the movie - storywise, it was just OK. I don't really like sex comedies. But what really struck me hard and what kept repeating over and over in my mind while watching the movie was that LEE BYUNG HUN IS SO SO SO SO ABSOLUTELY JUST OOZING - OVERFLOWING - WITH MANLY CHARM AND CHARISMA!!! My goodness. The twinkling of his eyes, his lopsided boyish smile, or even the mere movement of his hands is enough to make me so intoxicated. I didn't care at all about the story, I was too busy watching - drooling over - him. LOL He is too good looking, no, too charming. Charming is the perfect word for him. I can't think of any other word to describe him best.

About Fighter In The Wind, it was also a good movie. I've always liked Yang Dong Geun. I first got to see him in NONSTOP, where he played this obnoxious character who kept farting in front of his friends and was always up to no good, but for some reason became Jang Na Ra's love interest. LOL Anyway, about the movie, it depicted the life of this korean hero (I guess we can call him that way) who stood up against the Japanese during the war times. I was very affected at the way he was treated in the first part of the movie and felt glad that he was able to triumphantly regain his honor in the end. I was really impressed because Yang Dong Geun has matured so much as an actor. He was also good in doing the fight scenes. Now I'm contemplating maybe I should get Ruler of Your Own World just to see how well he is in TV dramas. Also in the movie are Tae Woo (who is also from NONSTOP) and a really pretty Japanese girl who acted as Yang Dong Geun's girlfriend.

The other day, I also watched MY SASSY GIRL again cos my friend went over to my house because she wanted to watch it. As always, even though I've watched this movie so many times already, I still get teary eyed especially at these scenes:
- Cha Tae Hyun brings a rose to Jun Ji Hyun in her class
- Jun Ji Hyun's blind date enumerates the pointers Cha Tae Hyun gave him
- the ending
My friend, who was seeing it for the first time, was so affected. LOL I'm glad she enjoyed it though.

After that movie, I watched WHITE VALENTINE starring Jun Ji Hyun and (GYYAAaaaaaHH!! ^o^) MY LOVE PARK SHIN YANG!! It was really funny cos Park Shin Yang sported long hair in this movie!! *giggles* I was telling my mother that he has joined F4! LOLz Anyway, it was a simple story set in a small town, and although it's probably not the greatest love story I've seen, but I felt very heartbroken in the end. I don't know if the story was about fate, but I think their characters were somehow destined for each other, and yet they didn't meet in the end. *sad* Anyway, there is really something so cute about Park Shin Yang playing the role of a bird man, taking care of birds, making bird sounds and yah.. sporting long hair. *giggles* There was a part in the movie where he softly kisses the head of the pigeon before he sets it free, and I was thinking that how I wished I was that pigeon he was holding so gently in his hands. *blushes* Ahh, so embarrassing de-su! *hits self with a frying pan* LOL I'm quite curious actually why Park Shin Yang has been paired up with Jun Ji Hyun twice (the other time for THE UNINVITED, which was the first movie I saw him in). I wonder why indeed.

I also watched THE GHOST RYUNG, which is Kim Ha Neul's first attempt at horror. Um, it wasn't really scary and I even shed a tear *LOLz*, but I got confused in the end. I didn't bother to analyze the meaning of the ending, I'll just talk it over with Pchan. Now I'm watching the j-dorama STAR NO KOI starring Kusanagi Tsuyoshi of SMAP. Hya and Pchan have been telling me to watch it but I'm still on episode 3. So far I'm enjoying it. Maybe I'll write more about it next time.

We've placed an order already for new series. Pchan is ordering 2 j-doramas, Kimura Takuya's PRIDE and LONG VACATION. I don't exactly know why Pchan is in KimuTaku mode this time. LOL But she said she wants to improve her Jap cos she's taking Jap classes now. Hya ordered Firebird and Stairway To Heaven. She's so excited already to see Kwon Sang Woo, since she has tagged the guy as her husband (or one her many husbands, LOL). I'm only buying the movies OLD BOY (I really look forward to Choi Min Shik's great performance here) and THE BIG SWINDLE (yes of course, in loving devotion to MY Park Shin Yang ^o^) plus LEE DONG GUN clips and music videos (tralala ^o^) and an old anime called VIDEO GIRL AI. The CDs are expected to arrive this Thursday.

By the way, I rearranged my bishie list again - Gackt has to be promoted to third place and Lee Byung Hun to fourth, so Jang Hyuk has to settle with fifth place but I still love that guy. ^o^ Speaking of Jang Hyuk, I just remembered now that I was able to tape his earlier movie with Cha In Pyo (bishie!) called ZZANG! but I forgot to watch it. Also I changed the piccies (except for Gackt's pic since I love that pic so much). I couldn't find a good pic of Jang Hyuk that shows his arrogant and goofy face which is my most favorite part of him. ^o^v

Also, I'm grateful for those who made comments on my blog. Let me just say that I'm always willing to help - if I can - but this blog is basically a place for my rantings and is not really a request site for song lyrics or translations or pics or synopsis... Just like everyone else, I'm also just a fan and not really a provider of info. But I'll share if I can. I'm really glad people took the time to read my entries and felt good about it. ^o^

** replies to blog comments **
- To Theresa and Lucky: I'm sorry but I don't usually like to spoil the ending for those who have not seen it yet, so I just hope you'll watch patiently for it. Or you can try to find an episode summary. I'm sure there must be one somewhere.
- To Miyako-chan, Shizuka, Lily: I already sent you emails.
- To Keena: I already commented on your blog. Sorry I don't know the name of that cute actor.
- To Sarah: Thanks for your offer of friendship. Yes, we can be friends. ^o^
- To Bernie, Nanette, Sayong, aNneLysSe_eRikA, Salma : Thanks for your comments.
- To Pchan: Yes I love MY PSY so so much, but LDG will always be my number one love. You know that already. ^o^
And no, I'm NOT sharing them with you. LOL
- To Kimmy: Cute nga sila noh? LOL Miss you na. ^o^
- To Hya: Let's discuss YOUR Kwon Sang Woo next time. LOL Maybe I might ask you to share him with me, hehehe ^^''

Whew. I hope I didn't forget anyone. ^^'' By the way, here's a piccie of Lee Dong Gun with very kissable cheeks. LOL But NOBODY except ME (and maybe his mom and Han Ji Hye) is allowed to kiss him though. *huggles Lee Dong Gun*


No comments: