Saturday, September 03, 2005

BABAENG MABABAW ANG KALIGAYAHAN


[points to today's blog title] YEP! THAT'S ME! As Hya would have nicely said it, "We're both simple-minded. It doesn't take much to make us happy." And it's true. I easily take joy in the little pleasures in life.

The other day, it was Hya's birthday, and she was so nice to celebrate it with Shay, Maggie and me. Sadly, her two other closest friends, Milay and Franc, couldn't come because of their hospital responsibilities. Hya took us to Lighthouse for dinner and it was really a stomach-filling and uber-happy time together for the four of us, just playfully teasing each other and recounting funny experiences in the hospital. And Shay also revealed something quite shocking to us! [sigh] Some people are just so lucky ne... [grins] During our conversation, we saw Sean outside the restaurant and we waved at her to come inside. She was already five months pregnant, but looking so so so much sexier than ever before! She provided us with lots of laughters cos, knowing Sean, all that ever comes out of her mouth are really wacky and crazy ideas! It was a really a great time that night and we all enjoyed the celebration. I'm so happy I met Hya in my life because we get along so so well and we share so much interests that no one else can actually understand (e.g. Gackt, LOL). Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYA! I'll get you a belated birthday gift soon. I'm still trying to come up with a birthday puresento that will make you absolutely ecstatic!

Today, I received a parcel from my friend Jan from GenSan. She wrote, in her microscopic handwriting, a 61-paged letter for me which I haven't even finished reading yet as of this moment. I'm very thankful for her long letter, because it reflects her passion and her effort to communicate and share her thoughts with me. Even though we've never seen each other personally before - just met her once in the net around 4 years ago when I was still actively chatting in mIrc - but we've kept in touch all these years. It's a nice feeling to be able to keep your friends near, even though they are physically far away from you. [smiles] Anyway, Jan was quite thoughtful. She also sent me Gatekeepers Spirits OST and a CD full of manga scanlations! I've actually heard of scanlations, but have never seen or downloaded any of them before, so it was such a delight to see scans from comic books which I have never even heard of like Happy Pharmacy, Minto no Bokura and Sora Sora. There's also 8 volumes of Marmalade Boy! But the bestest scanlation in the CD was SEVEN CHAPTERS OF TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLES!!! I was so excited and so happy, I immediately read it! LOL Told ya it's THAT easy to please me! [grins] ShaoRan is just so cute!!! Luv him heaps! I wish the anime would be fan-subbed and would reach here soon. Can't wait na eh! (^o^)v

Anyway, the physician's licensure exam results for this year came out already. It was a very disappointing 53% passing rate for our university, the lowest, I believe, in the entire history of the college of medicine. I feel sad for those who weren't able to make it this time (but there's always a next time, AJA!), and I feel a bit freaked out that I will be taking that same exam in the near future [goes down on knees and starts praying], BUT! But even with this sad news, I was still able to smile and rejoice with those who passed. I know several of those who made it, like Mommy JJ, Gina and Hanni. Many congratulations!!! [throws confetti] I just feel so happy for them. But of course I am most happiest [beams with exuberance and pride] because MY SEMPAI passed! MY SEMPAI - who was the object of my attention and "stalker activities" in first year, who was the source of my inspiration and encouragement during exams, whose sweet smile and gentle hello's could instantly turn the worst of times into the most magical and most perfect moments... That special person - MY SEMPAI - is now officially a licensed physician! I can't help but feel a glorious swelling deep within my chest (er no, it's not a cardiac enlargement! @__@). I just feel so happy for him! Although I never doubted, not even once, that he would pass the exam, because he was always so passionate and so dedicated to this field, he was always so responsible and so serious with his studies. I'm just so proud of him! But, [smiles sadly] he will never know that, ne? I will never, never, NEVER text him. NEVER. I'm already contented that I can rant about him in my blog, that I can take a little part of his happiness with me, and that I can pray for the best for him in my little corner of the world. I'm happy with that already. I heard he's planning to apply as a surgery resident in a hospital that is more than willing to take him in, and so now I'm making plans of having my post-graduate internship in that same hospital. Nyahahaha JOKE. But I know that he will excel and be successful as a doctor, and as a person. I KNOW because he's MY SEMPAI, MY WONDERFUL AND THOUGHTFUL SEMPAI, and I will faithfully remain as his nameless, faceless, most supportive "stalker" for all eternity. ^________^

No comments: