Saturday, September 24, 2005

REASONING WITH THE UNREASONABLE


Today I was part of a medical mission to Kinoguitan. We went there to screen for possible cataract patients. We saw quite a number of patients, and diagnosed about 25 of them with cataract for possible surgery within next month. Most of the other patients had errors of refraction and so we advised them for correction with glasses. We also saw several patients with pterygium and advised them for surgery as well. The screening lasted the whole morning in a very humid classroom. Some of the patients were irritating and some were uncooperative (and some, uh, stink! 0__o), it really just stretches your patience to its limits! I really didn’t want to join the mission at first when Doc Dejos announced it, but I had no choice because the post-duty clerk for today (that’s me) should be the one to go. Thank God that Bandoy also volunteered to join so at least I don’t feel so by myself. But I feel good now because it was a nice experience. I got to interact with people, diagnose and explain their condition to them, and improve my skills with the ophthalmoscope. I told Bandoy that someday, when we get to become REAL doctors, we should take active parts in medical outreaches like this.

I went to buy DVDs today! It has been more than a week(?) since I last went there, and so I was astonished to see so many new DVDs. Lots of Korean series in boxes as well movies – old and new – made me so excited as well as so depressed. Excited because I have such a passion for these DVDs; Depressed because I know I can’t buy ALL of them. I hate it whenever I feel this way, but I can’t help feeling this way. I hate the fact that I am a poor medical student with not enough time to watch and not enough money to buy ALL the movies and series in the world. [sad] It would be nice though if I could just simply learn to accept that I just can’t do anything about this situation. But being the sick-o that I am, what’s with this obsessive-compulsive personality that seems to manipulate every facet of my life, I just can’t control how I think and feel about many things – especially when it comes to DVDs and CDs. Yes. I have such an unreasonable craze for them.

Anyway, I bought 3 DVDs today: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Friends and Be With You. Actually, FF7:AC was the main reason I was there, because I heard from Gervie that it’s already available. It’s definitely a MUST HAVE copy, never mind that I don’t play the game (I only played FF9). When I first tried the DVD at the stall, the graphics were just so excellent that it basically leaves you breathless. The character designs were so detailed; the background visuals seem so real. I had no hesitation at all to buy a copy for myself. I bought FRIENDS (Fukada Kyoko, Wonbin), not because I don’t have it yet in VCD, but because I just want to have it in DVD [SEE just how totally IRRATIONAL I can be?! XD XD]. Besides, it was the only copy in the place and I was afraid I might regret later on if I don’t buy it now. And then I bought the Japanese movie BE WITH YOU because it was a Takeuchi Yuko (Pride, Mukodono) movie and I just love her as an actress! I’m actually quite cautious when buying Japanese movies because I’m afraid that I might accidentally buy porn stuff. [sheepish] LOL After all, these Japanese movies usually come with really nice DVD covers so it’s easy to be deceived into thinking that it’s a sappy love story when it’s in fact, HENTAI!!! LOLz! But I don’t think Be With You is a cheap porn flick, judging from the facts that (1) Takeuchi Yuko and (2) a little boy are part of the cast. I think it’s a nice love story that will make me shed tears of joy and contentment, and I really feel I need a good crying right now. It’s nice to vent out your emotions once in a while. ^_________^

There’s still so many DVDs that I NEED to buy AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Sword fighting flicks, romantic comedies, action movies, tragic TV dramas, anime box sets… the list would just go on forever and ever and ever… ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! [pulls hair in frustration!!!] I didn’t make a list anymore, because it would only intensify my exasperation. But anyway, I guess I just have to be patient and TRY to be a bit more rational, and buy the DVDs ONE by ONE, until I complete all the DVDs that I want – which, unfortunately, will never happen. Because I’m just plain obsessive-compulsive, and no amount of DVDs will ever satisfy my hungry need for more.

Crazy! XD XD XD

No comments: